Has anyone seen this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
I saw an ad on tv about a little kitchen appliance that fits over a glad bowl and slices, minces, etc - similar to a food processor. Has anyone seen this and what do you think about it?

i think it's a cheap version of a food mandoline.
i have started to look into buying one, and have found prices (and probably their assocaited quality) range from $19.95 to $130.

anyone have a recommendation for a good mandoline (not ridiculously expensive since it will only get occasional use)?
i have been looking into the oxo-good grips one, at about $70.

Last edited:
It does some of the same things as a mandolin, but is electric. If it is as good as it looked, it would be worth the cost - seems like about $50.00. It is made by a well know kitchen machine company, but I can't remember who.

oops, sorry, i didn't realize it was electric.
the one i saw was a cheapo, or is that another term for ronco, infomercial.
it was a cheap plastic mandoline that fit over tupperware type bowls.

I found it. It is called Hamilton Beach Change A Bowl. I ordered it and hope it works well. Thanks, anyway.

I must admit you totally threw me for a loop on this one, Licia! I quess I don't watch enough TV, or the right channels, to have seen this. I was out scouring the "As Seen On TV" website ... :wacko:

For buckytom, and everyone else who read this thread without commenting, here is the link to the info on the Hamilton Beach Change-A-Bowl gizmo.

Back
Top Bottom