"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 05-31-2016, 02:38 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

How do I put lids back into magnetic spice tins?

I have some magnetic spice tins that I've been using for loose leaf tea. I got more to use them for spices.

I like them but I read that they can get dirty under the plastic lids so I popped the lids out to clean and dry everything. How do I get the lids to go back into the tins securely?

Old 05-31-2016, 10:31 AM   #2
Master Chef

I have the exact same set. The plastic that is inside the cap is glued in place. It's not meant to come off. You will have to get some glue, such as super glue gel, and make sure everything is dry and clean. Apply the glue to the metal rim of the window, then press the plastic disk in place with the pack end of a spoon, to avoid gluing yourself to the container lid. Once that is done, let dry for an hour. Then your cap is as good as new. I checked my lids after reading your post, and after a few years of use, there is no accumulation of debris in the cap.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I too have the same tins, got them from Amazon. I just looked mine over and didn't find any accumulation either.

Chief's suggestion sounds good.