I Hate the Vintage Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
I can't stand the old stuff! Last night I was using my old meat mallet. It has a metal plate on the tenderizing side and while I was hammering away, it flew off and hit me in the chin. Crappy old stuff!:mad:

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Do you know how many times I have bought something new that breaks on the first try and I whine about how I wish I had my old trustworthy version.

We are never satisfied are we? ;)

Last edited:
you know, i came to a decision a long time ago that different things for my kitchen should always be used and never new..im talking like aluminum cookware, cast iron stuff, .....stuff that the ware and tare tells you of the quality of the product.

I can't stand the old stuff! Last night I was using my old meat mallet. It has a metal plate on the tenderizing side and while I was hammering away, it flew off and hit me in the chin. Crappy old stuff!:mad: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

It sounds like it wasn't designed or made very well from from the beginning, so at one time is was "crappy new stuff!!!" Whoever first bought it, perhaps didn't buy wisely! ;):LOL:

Last edited:
It sounds like it wasn't designed or made very well from from the beginning, so at one time is was "crappy new stuff!!!" Whoever first bought it, perhaps didn't buy wisely! ;):LOL:

It was pretty old and didn't owe me anything. I have been pounding meat with it for years. It started to form a crack in the wook about a year ago. Actually, I banged it back together and am still using it. Not bad for something I bought at a yard sale for a dollar over 10 years ago.:LOL:

...Not bad for something I bought at a yard sale for a dollar over 10 years ago.:LOL:

Oh, a yard sale!! I've cycled through a lot of "kitchen stuff" myself over the years! I'm a terrible impulse shopper when it comes to buying someone else's junk! More often than not, it ends up in my own yard sale... back into the economy to be recycled as useless but looks good. :LOL:

I got my meat tenderizer at yard sale too. The head keeps coming off the handle. The handle already has a wedge driven into it. I think it's time to get it a new handle.

Back
Top Bottom