I need a mixing bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mostly i use the large bowl to my mixer. it is about thrity years old and not even a chip. sometimes it is awkard to hold it and scrape stuff out at same time. i love it so much i keep using it. when it is in use, or i need a smaller container will use my white corning ware bowl. a little heavy too but perfect for its use

bake ny bread in it the other day. has a glass lid. both are bout same age as mixer bowl.

babe:mellow::mellow:

I always use an old fashiond stoneware mixing bowl. It has a good weight to stop it moving around everywhere and has lasted me years.

I use plastic, SS, glass (Pyrex and Anchor Hocking) and ceramic. Geeze, a "mixing bowl" is just a bowl used to mix something in! I reach for what ever is the right size and most convenient.

do not and I repeat do not put your plastic mixing bowls in the dishwasher.....I don't care if it says they are dishwasher proof or not........if for some reason you have a metal contact it might start a hole.......I've had plastic bowls for a long time----yep, it's a pain to handwash them and if they're stained spray them with some clorox bleach solution---then cleanup is easy.........

i use ss all old school stuff from when things were made to last. inherited from my grand father a pastry chef who bought them in the 50s-70s never had any problems with holes although one that we got 15 years ago has a hole already.
i say go with stainless and try and find the oldest stuff ppossible

I bought a four bowl set from Sears that I just love. They are melamine, with a silicon ring on the bottom to keep them from sliding on the counter. The big one is big enough to mix up a 4 loaf batch of dough for NYT bread. They are also lovely colors--one each of dusty blue, red, yellow and green. (Can't use them in the microwave, but the two biggest ones might not fit in a little microwave, anyhow.)

The whole set was less than $25, I think.

When I mentioned stainless steel washbasins earlier, this is what I meant.

img_596568_0_843f592dd72065f56bf2164409b502c7.jpg

img_596568_1_8f9cb1a62db510eab6391ec933b5abf0.jpg

Vollrath makes them in sizes from small to very large. The flat bases make them stable, and they are sturdier than bowls in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom