Is a new kitchen a cooking tool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just posted a picture of the house and a very dark picture of the kitchen but I think you can get the idea. The pictures are in my album, can you guys get to that? We close by the 18th of April. We are planning on painting and cleaning carpets before we move so no definate date on that yet.

Just keep us posted. We are almost as excited as you are.

I looked at the pix. It's gorgeous! It looks like a home for your family to have many happy family gatherings. I just feel so thrilled for you!

Last edited:
Gosh, thanks guys. i uploaded pictures into an album and into member photos. I hope you can see them.

Nice!! Now come the Honey-do lists!!! :LOL:

You got that right! I'm on my way out to the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store now to look at paint and doors, the house needs both. I have a feeling that cooking is going to to have to take a back burner for a couple of months, no pun intended.:LOL:

So glad to see the pictures GF !! I love a house like that...it shows the character and maturity that modern houses never have. You're not kidding about lots of cupboards!! Wish I could be there to help you line the shelves, I love doing that. :) You're so right.....we must always remember to thank the Big Guy. ;)
May you and your family be blessed with many happy years in your new home. :flowers:

PS....I just noticed the great front porch!! Oh how I love a front porch!!

Last edited:
This is great news! Congratulations on your purchase. You guys must be super excited!

The kitchen looks really nice.

Congrats! I love love love older homes like this! It will be such a unique home when you are done with it. I love newer homes, but these classics with their quirky charm are so awesome!

When we found this place, we fell in love, it was almost everything that we wanted in a home, and this being our first home purchase, we felt so fortunate to find such a great place in our modest budget. We have loved every minute since we moved in almost two years ago.

Good luck with the house, nothing like a kitchen you can move around in and cook in. I have a larger kitchen in this house and love it, lots of counter space.

Thanks guys. I think cooking will go on the back burner for now.... so much to do!

Love, love, love it! ...and am pretty proud of myself for finding the pics. It is pretty similar to my kitchen, which folks keep wanting me to "update", but it works too well to mess with. Maybe I'll go to the help section and find out how to post pics of some cosmetic things I did with my beloved white wood cabinets, which made my teen happy, without messing with a great cabinet layout.

I would not think of updating those cabinets, but I would consider updating the countertops some year in the future. I just love old fashioned cabinets. My former mother in law had custom cabinets built by her husband. There was a stairstepped cabinet for spices and a potato drawer and a cupboard where you could put a bag of flour with a shoot that allowed the flour to fall directly into your bowl. I never did know how much it put in at once but there must have been some thing that measured it. I would have loved to have that kitchen. In my kitchen the lowest upper cupboards have a narrow shelf along the back about half way above the actual shelf that is perfect for keeping spices neat and orderly. Oh I can't wait!

Arrrrrg!!!!! Houston we have a problem! I just found out that the trailer park that we live in has just been sold. The park was supposed to buy our trailer so we would be out from under it. Now I don't know what is going to happen. And I can't find anything out until Monday. This is a nightmare. We are supposed to meet with the mortgage guy on Wednesday and bring a paper saying that the park is going to buy the trailer. We have that letter but it won't be any good if someone else owns the park. Please pray that all of this gets worked out. We can't afford to pay lot rent and house payments and trailers just don't sell unless the park buys them. And the trailer across the street from us has been for sale for at least a year and a half.

JF, usually a buyer takes subject to the obligations of the seller. If the document you have from the former owner of the park was binding on the former owner, it quite likely will be on the buyer. That isn't a guarantee, just a reflection of the usual course of these things.

If you weren't informed of all of this before you bought, you shouldn't be liable for it. Remember, you haven't closed yet.

Do you have a closing lawyer yet? Don't get trapped. It sounds like someone wants you to take over their financial burden.

I'd have a talk with the bank who accepted your offer.

Last edited:
Z....I think I must not have made myself clear. We are buying the house but the trailer park that we currently live in may not buy our trailer as they promised because now the park has been sold. One way or the other we are buying that house. Even if it means that we just have to abandon this trailer. We'll leave the title to the park of course( a trailer is technically a vehicle so it has a title like a car.) We are not having any problems with the actual purchase of the house, at least not yet.

I'm a worrier, so I can relate to your stress.

If for some reason the new owner doesn't buy your trailer, can you remove it from the park and store it somewhere? I am sure that there has to be a place that will store it, or a dealer that will buy it from you, maybe not as much as you hoped, but it will keep you from having to pay lot rent. Maybe the reason that the other trailer hasn't sold is because of location and not necessarily the trailer itself.

With that said, maybe having a plan in place like this will give you some leverage. I think that the new owner would rather buy your trailer and rent it out than have an empty lot that they have to fill and lose money while it is unoccupied. Your trailer would be an immediate source of income from a renter and a lot less hassle.

I'm just throwing ideas around here, trying to help put your mind at ease.

Back
Top Bottom