"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #31
Senior Cook

Good luck with the house, nothing like a kitchen you can move around in and cook in. I have a larger kitchen in this house and love it, lots of counter space.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #32
Head Chef

Thanks guys. I think cooking will go on the back burner for now.... so much to do!

Old 03-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #33
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolk View Post
Thanks guys. I think cooking will go on the back burner for now.... so much to do!
Ya still gotta eat!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Love, love, love it! ...and am pretty proud of myself for finding the pics. It is pretty similar to my kitchen, which folks keep wanting me to "update", but it works too well to mess with. Maybe I'll go to the help section and find out how to post pics of some cosmetic things I did with my beloved white wood cabinets, which made my teen happy, without messing with a great cabinet layout.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #35
Head Chef

I would not think of updating those cabinets, but I would consider updating the countertops some year in the future. I just love old fashioned cabinets. My former mother in law had custom cabinets built by her husband. There was a stairstepped cabinet for spices and a potato drawer and a cupboard where you could put a bag of flour with a shoot that allowed the flour to fall directly into your bowl. I never did know how much it put in at once but there must have been some thing that measured it. I would have loved to have that kitchen. In my kitchen the lowest upper cupboards have a narrow shelf along the back about half way above the actual shelf that is perfect for keeping spices neat and orderly. Oh I can't wait!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #36
Head Chef

Arrrrrg!!!!! Houston we have a problem! I just found out that the trailer park that we live in has just been sold. The park was supposed to buy our trailer so we would be out from under it. Now I don't know what is going to happen. And I can't find anything out until Monday. This is a nightmare. We are supposed to meet with the mortgage guy on Wednesday and bring a paper saying that the park is going to buy the trailer. We have that letter but it won't be any good if someone else owns the park. Please pray that all of this gets worked out. We can't afford to pay lot rent and house payments and trailers just don't sell unless the park buys them. And the trailer across the street from us has been for sale for at least a year and a half.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #37
Senior Cook

JF, usually a buyer takes subject to the obligations of the seller. If the document you have from the former owner of the park was binding on the former owner, it quite likely will be on the buyer. That isn't a guarantee, just a reflection of the usual course of these things.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

If you weren't informed of all of this before you bought, you shouldn't be liable for it. Remember, you haven't closed yet.

Do you have a closing lawyer yet? Don't get trapped. It sounds like someone wants you to take over their financial burden.

I'd have a talk with the bank who accepted your offer.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #39
Head Chef

Z....I think I must not have made myself clear. We are buying the house but the trailer park that we currently live in may not buy our trailer as they promised because now the park has been sold. One way or the other we are buying that house. Even if it means that we just have to abandon this trailer. We'll leave the title to the park of course( a trailer is technically a vehicle so it has a title like a car.) We are not having any problems with the actual purchase of the house, at least not yet.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I'm a worrier, so I can relate to your stress.

If for some reason the new owner doesn't buy your trailer, can you remove it from the park and store it somewhere? I am sure that there has to be a place that will store it, or a dealer that will buy it from you, maybe not as much as you hoped, but it will keep you from having to pay lot rent. Maybe the reason that the other trailer hasn't sold is because of location and not necessarily the trailer itself.

With that said, maybe having a plan in place like this will give you some leverage. I think that the new owner would rather buy your trailer and rent it out than have an empty lot that they have to fill and lose money while it is unoccupied. Your trailer would be an immediate source of income from a renter and a lot less hassle.

I'm just throwing ideas around here, trying to help put your mind at ease.

Tags
cooking, kitchen