ISO cookie scoop recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
I have an Inox #60 spring action scoop which has a yield of 1 tbsp and and a 1.38 inch diameter.

INOX Spring Action Scoops

I have used it for shortbread cookies but it seems a bit small. I have discovered, however, that it's perfect for portioning out wet cat food for my fur babies, so I'd like to designate this scoop for that purpose and find a slightly larger scoop for cookies.

Inox has a #50 which has a yield of 3.5 teaspoons but the shipping on their website makes it excessively pricey. Would love to know what alternatives are out there and what folks here on DC would recommend!

Last edited:
If you want to shop a brick & mortar store, Bed Bugs & Beyond, Target, and Walmart all have a large selection of scoops in various sizes. On line, Amazon.com has 20 pages of cookie scoops

I have an assortment of, probably, 8 spring-action scoops. I use them for everything from portioning cookie dough, to making meatballs of assorted sizes, to filling muffin pans, making pancakes...the list goes on.

I've had them so long I don't remember where I bought them but BB&B is a good resource. I don't much care for shopping so I utilize Amazon as often as I can, but that's just me.

Thanks everyone! I looked on BBB's website and found this one:
OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop - BedBathandBeyond.com

It might be the perfect size, and it looks like it's dishwasher safe.

Yes, the product description says they're dishwasher safe. All mine are, too. If you purchase from BB&B and have a 20% off coupon, you'll be ahead of the game pricewise.

As someone else already mentioned, restaurant supply houses are good resources for cooking-related tools. We are fortunate to have two very nice ones in our region and I try to stay away from them because I almost always find a new toy I just "have to have.":ohmy::angel:

You might find this chart helpful. I keep one in a plastic sleeve, held with a magnet, on the side of the refrigerator. I refer to it often.

Thanks Katie! I came across that chart yesterday and found it helpful. Are the numbers of the scoops and corresponding measures standard across brands? The chart says that the #60 is 1.07 tbsps, and the Inox website says the #60 is 1 tbsp. A little confusing!

Yes, the product description says they're dishwasher safe. All mine are, too. If you purchase from BB&B and have a 20% off coupon, you'll be ahead of the game pricewise.

As someone else already mentioned, restaurant supply houses are good resources for cooking-related tools. We are fortunate to have two very nice ones in our region and I try to stay away from them because I almost always find a new toy I just "have to have.":ohmy::angel:

We used to have a restaurant supply store called Bridge Kitchenware here in NYC but they closed a while back:( The next best thing is Sur La Table, but they tend to be pricey. Fortunately, there is a BBB right up the street!

Thanks Katie! I came across that chart yesterday and found it helpful. Are the numbers of the scoops and corresponding measures standard across brands? The chart says that the #60 is 1.07 tbsps, and the Inox website says the #60 is 1 tbsp. A little confusing!

The numbers are standard. I suspect the other site just rounded off to 1 TB. There is no practical difference between 1.00 an 1.07 tablespoons. You can vary more than that by how you pack the scoop.

That's such a tiny difference it won't matter for the finished product. .07 of a tablespoon is not even measurable.

Last edited:
The numbers are standard. I suspect the other site just rounded off to 1 TB. There is no practical difference between 1.00 an 1.07 tablespoons. You can vary more than that by how you pack the scoop.

Thanks Andy and GotGarlic. If it's negligible I have more choice across brands.

Basically standard and I wouldn't worry about a fraction of a fraction of a measurement. That small amount would make little to no difference in a finished product. I simply use the list as a general guide, depending on what I'm making.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom