ISO:Duck feather pastry brush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ljewell

Assistant Cook
Can someone tell me where I can get a replacement feather pastry brush? My cat ate mine. I have tried to find one thru catalogs and on the net without success.

My Grandma used to use chicken feathers and made her own. She wasn't Eastern European (seems to be the primary users/sources for feather pastry brushes these days) - she just used what she had at hand.

I can't find "duck" feather brushes - but here are a couple of sources for "goose" feather brushes I found by googling on "feather pastry brush" ... should be the same. You'll have to scroll down the page to find them.

1) Fantes.com (I've bought from them before and have nothing but high praise for them)

2) Otto's Import Store and Deli (this site can be hard to navigate)

I've never heard of using a feather pastry brush - quite interesting!
ljewell, your dilema reminds me of the time I came home and my feather duster was literally all over the house. Apparently my german shepherd believed it was trying to attack him.:huh:

Hi ljewell, a big welcome to DC :chef:

Have you tried giving the local cooking shops (and possibly cake decortaing shops) in your area a ring to see if they stock these, or could bring them in for you? :)

Back
Top Bottom