ISO help for my warped chopping board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black chef

Senior Cook
is there anything i can do for a chopping board that has somehow warped over time... and it's one of those expensive bamboo types. :(

i keep food-grade mineral oil on it, but i do stand it up when stored.

what has happened, and since i'm now looking for a new one, which one do you folks recommend?

If I wash my wooden boards, and if I forget and leave them on the counter damp, they warp. The wet side, against the countertop, swells, while the top side dries out. You might try soaking it for a few minutes in hot water, and then put the cupped side down on the counter on a damp cloth overnight.

If I wash my wooden boards, and if I forget and leave them on the counter damp, they warp. The wet side, against the countertop, swells, while the top side dries out. You might try soaking it for a few minutes in hot water, and then put the cupped side down on the counter on a damp cloth overnight.

thanks for the help.

i actually keep it oiled but i stand it up on one side for storage. i'm thinking the weight of the board (leaning slightly to one side) has caused the other side to warp due to the weight.

in any case, it isn't stable on the counter top anymore, and i'm off to buy a new one.

Do you know anyone with a planner or are there any millwright or lumber shops nearby?

It could just be passed through a planner a couple times and give you
a nice flat and brand new surface

Back
Top Bottom