Julienne peeler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddy33

Assistant Cook
Welcome to DC!

I have the Titan peeler and julienne tool, which is similar to the first one. They're also sold by Amazon. Have been very happy with them so far.

Hi,

I recently decided to go on a diet, and now I have to eat lots of vegetables. Not much fun, but to somehow diversify the dishes I want to buy a julienne peeler. After not very long search I settled on these two models:

Amazon.com: Deiss Julienne Peeler & Slicer ★ Ultra Sharp Zucchini Noodles Maker ★ Premium Stainless Steel Shredder, Cutter, Slicer & Peeler - All in One Professional Garnishing Tool ★ Peels Apple, Potato, Carrot, Orange, Radish &
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Julienne-Protector-Stainless/dp/B0000CEWJD/

But so far still can't decide. What you use or what should I look for? I'd be happy all the advice.
I have something similar (a Titan) I think. OK but not exciting. And mind your fingers when you use it or you'll add skin to the pile of veggies.

I prefer my coarse microplane and my "V"-Slicer. I don't bleed into my food when I use those:)

And who says vegetables aren't fun? Mix the colours on your plate for interest and to ensure a good range of vitamins and minerals - green, orange, yellow, red, purple. Don't forget that fresh veg such as peas and beans, also supply protein.

You don't have to eat them raw. For example cooked tomatoes contain lycopene (spelling?) which is very good for you. The knack with retaining vitamins in cooked veg is not to over cook them.

Another way of increasing your intake of veg is to make soup with them. Filling, low calorie, yummy and warming in winter (you can also make cooling chilled soup in hot weather).

The other useful thing about veg is that they are inexpensive, (even more so if you grow your own) and pad out the more expensive foods such as meat so you don't need so much on your plate. Veggies are kind - they're good for your hair and your skin so they make you look good AND they save you money. Don't you wish all your friends were like that

Last edited:
5347fb15c7754d1211061042239468_1024x1024.jpg

Thrift store. $1.00

so, over at ChefTalk, on 7/29 at 4:24 pm EST you were waiting for Amazon to deliver your Deiss peeler

over on Cooking for Engineers on 7/30 at 4:36 pm you were waiting for Amazon to deliver your Deiss peeler

and now on 7/30 at 8:45 pm you're still looking for a peeler

posting from Texas, residing in Seattle - do you also have a brother and nasty friend playing tricks on you?

so, over at ChefTalk, on 7/29 at 4:24 pm EST you were waiting for Amazon to deliver your Deiss peeler

over on Cooking for Engineers on 7/30 at 4:36 pm you were waiting for Amazon to deliver your Deiss peeler

and now on 7/30 at 8:45 pm you're still looking for a peeler

posting from Texas, residing in Seattle - do you also have a brother and nasty friend playing tricks on you?

Hmmm, velly velly strange.

I have the Kuhn-Rikon julienne pealer. It's very sturdy and works well.

All of Kuhn-Rikon equipment has always gotten excellent reviews not only from ATK, but users as well. They stand up to heavy use and do the job they are designed to do. Well worth the extra pennies. :angel:

I am sorry that my person has caused so much interest. It's just a street Internet magic :). If seriously it was important question so I made few topics.

5347fb15c7754d1211061042239468_1024x1024.jpg

Thrift store. $1.00

This tool looks really interesting, anybody knows where to buy it? I want to test it as well.

Back
Top Bottom