Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easily answered questions..just watch the video from Kgirl.

So, if you pick up your pan and toss you food instead of stirring or turning, does the cone thing fly off the pan? Can you catch it?

That would be a big issue for me, since I routinely do the toss thing.

CD

View attachment 30932

I finally got one!
YAY!
I'm going to give it a test drive tomorrow ...

Okay, so I made Fried Chicken for dinner tonight and used my new FryWall ...

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

It kept my kitchen and stove relatively grease free, I still had some misting on the stove and floor, but all in all I'd say it was worth the money.
I'll probably make more fried foods, which may or may not be a good thing, but then I don't really fry much, at least the kitchen will stay cleaner.

BTW, that Chicken was THE BEST!!! (see my blog for more ;))

Last edited:
Some of you know that I am starting from scratch in my kitchen.. Jeannie did bring a couple of her mom's small pots and I like using them.. but..

I found I needed an 8 cup pot so found this Krona SS pot w/straining lid.. Cool design and I like it a lot..

Also discovered I can't do without a waffle maker.. Any idea how difficult it is to find a "regular" waffle maker?? Everyone sells "Belgium" waffle makers and I truly do not like those.. Finally found a Cuisinart on Amazon.. Inexpensive and I had it in 2 days.. :)
Ross

Attachments

• 8 cup SS pot.jpg
    8 cup SS pot.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Waffle Maker.jpg
    Waffle Maker.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 177
Some of you know that I am starting from scratch in my kitchen.. Jeannie did bring a couple of her mom's small pots and I like using them.. but..

I found I needed an 8 cup pot so found this Krona SS pot w/straining lid.. Cool design and I like it a lot..

I have that pot! It's great for making saucy veggies like green beans simmered with a can of tomatoes, for keeping stock warm for risotto, and for making brine for pickles - the pouring spout makes it easy to get the brine into the jars. Nice.

Field Trip - King Arthur Flour Store

Mrs. T and I went up to Burlington, VT to ride the Island Line Trail, a rail trail that runs along Lake Champlain. It starts in Burlington, heading up along the lake, then across a few miles of causeway (including a bike ferry across a cut allowing boats to pass), and ending up in South Hero, VT. Our route up to Burlington passed by Norwich, VT, so a stop at the store at King Arthur Flour was in order.

Although it's just off the freeway, it's not a place that you stumble across, but have to intend to go there. We were surprised to see about 50 cars in the parking lot, with license plates from a number of states. It was early on a Monday afternoon, and there were a number of people eating in the bakery cafe, where they serve sandwiches on their freshly baked bread.

There were quite a few serious bakers in the store, pushing carts with pans, tools, baking mixes, books, etc. There were 4 cashiers, and they were all busy. I escaped with a dough whisk, which I intend to use for no-knead bread, and a giant spatula, which looks like a 8 x 8 offset bench scraper. I make 8" long baguettes using a fairly slack dough, so hopefully the spatula will make it easier to transfer the dough to the baguette pan.

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/dough-whisk-15-long

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/king-arthur-flour-giant-spatula

Tenspeed, did King Arthur Flour offer a tour at all?
I would love to do that, for sure!
And I've been lusting after that dough whisk for some time now ... :chef:
It's a store / cafe / school site, not a production facility. There are big windows looking at the bakery, but it was early afternoon, and not much was happening.

Kgirl... I should like to start a collection for you to get that whisk.

Here is your first $$:flowers: $$

come on guys! pitch in! she really needs this.​

I actually have both sizes. No idea why I got the one with the long handle - waste of money and space in the drawer.

definitely use the smaller one a lot!

Kgirl... I should like to start a collection for you to get that whisk.

Here is your first $$:flowers: $$

come on guys! pitch in! she really needs this.​

I actually have both sizes. No idea why I got the one with the long handle - waste of money and space in the drawer.

definitely use the smaller one a lot!

Mahalo, thank you Dragn!
DH would gladly order that for me, but I just can't past the
very high S&H costs from KAF!
I suppose I ought to look else where for that dough whisk,
but then I got away from making bread... our waist-lines
were expanding :LOL:

Yes, I believe I got mine on Amazon, no shipping charges as these brought my order above the minimum. I do not have Prime - have a hard enough time controlling my buying binges without automatic free shipping!

I used it with thick polenta just the other day.

I hs to have King Arthur embossed - other wise your bread won't rise.

and every foodie knows you can't cut cleanly unless you paid 275$ for that chef's knife.
nor will your osso bucco be tender if your dutch oven doesn't say Le Cuisinart.

Sorry, PF. You must have low resistance. I can look and look and still not buy. Either I have a high resistance to shopping, or a very high level of cheapness. :LOL:

Sorry, PF. You must have low resistance. I can look and look and still not buy. Either I have a high resistance to shopping, or a very high level of cheapness. :LOL:

For me it is worth the $8 to bring me a little joy! I was good, didn't spend more than $50, I could have spent that much on books or movies, this time I treated my culinary self.

Back
Top Bottom