Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're right, and I'm wrong. I'll be covering my cooking pot from now on just to conserve energy.

I still won't be buying a special dedicated container though, as my cooking pot works just fine and the last thing I need is yet another container to store in my limited kitchen space.

Attachments

• SousVideSetUp.jpg
    SousVideSetUp.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 139
I use a 12QT Cambro container for my Anova. Amazon sells them, but Amazon seems to be down right now.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ca...r-with-winter-rose-gradations/21412SFSCW.html

I have a Cambro lid with a hole cut out for the Anova, too. It helps minimize evaporation on long cooks.

CD
I checked Amazon prices, and a 12 qt. Cambro with a lid is a couple bucks more than a Rubbermaid 12 qt. container and an Everie hinged for the Anova ($29 for the pair). The Everie lid already has the cutout.

Everie.jpg

You're right, and I'm wrong. I'll be covering my cooking pot from now on just to conserve energy.

I still won't be buying a special dedicated container though, as my cooking pot works just fine and the last thing I need is yet another container to store in my limited kitchen space.

I just ordered this for my sous vide stock pot. Problem solved. :mrgreen:
https://www.cellarmade.com/products/anova-nano-silicone-blue?variant=16937602252846¤cy=USD&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImOKNrKzE4wIVoh-tBh06Lw0pEAkYAiABEgLt4fD_BwE

Attachments

• IMG_5066-Blue_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    IMG_5066-Blue_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
My DD got me these for my birthday (yesterday).

Oxo Good Grips Egg poachers

oxo_egg_poachers.jpg

Prep Solutions by Progressive Brown Sugar Keeper with Air-Tight Lid, 1.5 Quarts

brown_sugar_keeper.jpg

My DD got me these for my birthday...
Oh my, I missed your birthday msmofet! :( I hope it was a good birthday for you. :heart:

In an effort to reduce my time spent online, I try to not use my laptop. Rather, I've been doing all but banking and bill paying from my phone. I find I spend a lot less time scrolling through Facebook and less time posting to DC when I'm on a tiny device with a tiny keypad. :LOL: That is a good thing for time management...a bad thing for keeping track of DC birthdays. There is no way to see who's birthday it is when I'm on a device rather than a laptop. Again, I hope you had a happy birthday.

Oh my, I missed your birthday msmofet! :( I hope it was a good birthday for you. :heart:

In an effort to reduce my time spent online, I try to not use my laptop. Rather, I've been doing all but banking and bill paying from my phone. I find I spend a lot less time scrolling through Facebook and less time posting to DC when I'm on a tiny device with a tiny keypad. :LOL: That is a good thing for time management...a bad thing for keeping track of DC birthdays. There is no way to see who's birthday it is when I'm on a device rather than a laptop. Again, I hope you had a happy birthday.

Thank you CG.

No pics, but I recently added a Lodge CI Wok and one of those multi-function Air Fryers. I don't use the AF often, but it comes in handy when I want to make something "fried." The CI Wok I use about once a week. I still use my Mom's SS Wok if I want to set up the steamer baskets. I also acquired a square Lodge CI grill that fits over one burner. I already had one that fits over two burners. Both are flat on one side, ridged on the other. Oh, and a Lodge CI "biscuit" pan and a Lodge CI cornbread pan. I am so familiar with using CI, or LeCreuset, that I don't find them too heavy (yet) and I don't find caring for them a big deal. Perhaps because I have been using both for about 40 years. I rarely reach for my SS pans.

CWS Aren't those woks great! I got a CI wok years ago, when I was watching that tv show Éntree To Asia, and I noticed that most of the SE Asian dishes made in small restaurants or people's homes, were made in CI or stoneware woks - none of that intense heat needed, as a rule, and the thicker woks were better for these, so I had to get one! It is the best pan for a Thai curry, as the coconut milk can cook down in that little puddle, and the paste can be fried in it, but then every thing can be added, to eventually be a large amount - pans large enough to hold this have bottoms too broad for the starting out.

It's funny, because one of the first things I have heard, when many people have seen my kitchen for the first time, is "What do you do with 5 woks?"

Last edited:
Update

Used the poachers tonight. 3:15 for large egg makes a perfect poach.

Tomorrow may be eggs Benedict.

Back
Top Bottom