Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ventured into BedBugsandBeyond tonight, coupons and Discover gift cards tucked safely into my purse. I was on a mission to get a bundt pan. I had one years ago but it never made the move to MA. It was old and hard to grease and looking its age. And I needed that pan - I've been wanting to make Sally Lunn bread ever since we passed through Williamsburg last November.

When I walked out not only did I have my bundt pan, but I remembered to get new kitchen shears (my old ones are loose and refuse to be tightened any longer) and to replace our very old Swing-Away can opener. It was a trifecta of culinary tools!

I was looking at the can opener in your post. Pirate walks by. Why are you now looking at can openers? You can't even open the cans you have now. That's why Poo bought you the electric one?

You are miles from me and you get me in trouble. I have been on a spending spree lately. More stuff for the kids to clean out or fight over when I am gone.

That is a nice bunt pan. I have a couple of Wilton items. They really hold up nicely. And I am definitely going to get those scissors. I have a pair that I found in the dirt in my daughter's yard. I cleaned them up and have been using them for a number of years. They have become dull. Time for some new ones. Thanks for showing me them.

Watch out Jet.com. Here I come.

new light package.jpg

Finally got the electrician to the new place and installed my pendant lights over the kitchen island and under cabinet lights for the back counter.
DH: That's pretty BRIGHT! You don't think that's too much light?
Me: NO! I love love love it!

my new apron.jpg

YAY!
My new aprons came and I'm so excited!
A few years back, I ordered a custom made apron from Crooked Brook.
Recntly, I pulled my now clean apron from the dryer, only to find a hole in it!
DANG!
So, my dear husband order TWO new aprons from Crooked Brook for me.
One is pink and the other is burgundy, LOVE THEM! I wear an apron everyday, pretty much all day. I tend to be a like messy in the kitchen and it keeps my clothes in from getting stained.

Cute! I bought a bunch of aprons from the Stevens Linens outlet when it was still open. Got them for about $6 each. I wear one when I think of it...which means I'm good friends with Spray and Wash. :ermm:

40 years ago I was gifted an apron.. I used it a few times and then stopped..
Now I embrace the spots and mess.. um... Jeannie doesn't tho... :ohmy:

View attachment 26586

YAY!
My new aprons came and I'm so excited!
A few years back, I ordered a custom made apron from Crooked Brook.
Recntly, I pulled my now clean apron from the dryer, only to find a hole in it!
DANG!
So, my dear husband order TWO new aprons from Crooked Brook for me.
One is pink and the other is burgundy, LOVE THEM! I wear an apron everyday, pretty much all day. I tend to be a like messy in the kitchen and it keeps my clothes in from getting stained.
I like aprons, too [emoji2] DH gave me this one for Christmas (along with some other lovely kitchen goodies) several years ago. I have others, but this is my favorite. 0407171935_HDR.jpg

Years ago I used to wear an apron. The waist ones. But of course I always got my top dirty. My sister gave me a granny one for Christmas. It was more work putting it on than the meal I was cooking. I always needed some one to tie the middle of it in the back. I finally started to fold down the top and just tie it around my waist.

Kinda defeated the purpose of that bib though, Addie. :LOL:

I have a couple of Himself's old long-sleeved dress shirts. When he had to wear company-issued shirts he was going to get rid of all but the nicest dress shirts. I grabbed a couple of the slightly worn-out ones and use them when I cook something that splatters. Those sleeves covering my arms have been a real blessing. I also use the shirts when I garden. Pull one right over my t-shirt and keep the bugs off my arms without using spray.

Kinda defeated the purpose of that bib though, Addie. :LOL:

I have a couple of Himself's old long-sleeved dress shirts. When he had to wear company-issued shirts he was going to get rid of all but the nicest dress shirts. I grabbed a couple of the slightly worn-out ones and use them when I cook something that splatters. Those sleeves covering my arms have been a real blessing. I also use the shirts when I garden. Pull one right over my t-shirt and keep the bugs off my arms without using spray.

Well fortunately, my cooking skills have improved over the years. I have learned not to stir so hard, plunk food down, etc. If I am going to bang a spoon on the edge of the pot, I do it more gentle like. And I now and have been keeping a spoon rest right next to the stove. Saves on cleanup. Pots on all foods cooking on top of the stove also helps. Glub, glub in the pot can spatter food everywhere. Hate cleaning up a mess of my own making.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom