"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2018, 06:45 PM   #301
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Excuse me, Caseydog! Don't you know that the poodle owns you, not the other way round?
Actually, he thought it worked that way when he was a puppy. I convinced him otherwise. Dogs are "pack" oriented. They know who the top dog is, and as a dog owner, you have to establish yourself as the "top dog." Once a dog reaches that understanding, they are actually very happy.

Cats, on the other hand, never stop thinking that they are in charge, and their humans exist to serve them. A study from researchers at the University of Edinburgh determined that, if they were big enough, your pet cat would kill you and eat you.

CD

Old 07-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #302
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post

Cats, on the other hand, never stop thinking that they are in charge, and their humans exist to serve them. A study from researchers at the University of Edinburgh determined that, if they were big enough, your pet cat would kill you and eat you.

CD
and that is why they are called domesticated - and wild cats are called wild cats - 'cause they will eat you...

Old 07-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #303
Chef Extraordinaire

Size counts, dragn. When LittleBit nibbled at my hand it was no big deal. Had she been a "big cat", I'm pretty sure I would have lost that battle. And hand.

Hence, I see no reason to have a pet that has a bigger bite than I do.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #304
Head Chef

I'm now an Instant Pothead

I have a stovetop pressure cooker, and there are some things that are best made in the pressure cooker. However, I have to monitor it so that it maintains pressure, so I don't use it as much as I could. I really like "set and forget" appliances.

Amazon had the 6 qt. Instant Pot for $60 on Prime Day. I'm not a member, so I asked my daughter to order it for me. By the time I sent her an email and she tried to order it, it was sold out. Damn!

Kohl's had the same pot for $70, but included $15 in Kohl's cash, bringing the price down to $55. That's the best price I've seen, so I bit. One more kitchen toy to play with.
tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #305
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
I have a stovetop pressure cooker, and there are some things that are best made in the pressure cooker. However, I have to monitor it so that it maintains pressure, so I don't use it as much as I could. I really like "set and forget" appliances.

Amazon had the 6 qt. Instant Pot for $60 on Prime Day. I'm not a member, so I asked my daughter to order it for me. By the time I sent her an email and she tried to order it, it was sold out. Damn!

Kohl's had the same pot for $70, but included $15 in Kohl's cash, bringing the price down to $55. That's the best price I've seen, so I bit. One more kitchen toy to play with.
Was it the Duo 6 quart? I have a duo 6 quart and an ultra 6 quart.

I think you’re going to love it.
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #306
Head Chef

I, certainly, enjoy mine...

Ross
Old 07-22-2018, 07:21 PM   #307
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Was it the Duo 6 quart? I have a duo 6 quart and an ultra 6 quart.

I think youíre going to love it.
It's the Duo 7 function, which is about 6 more than I will use. For slow cooking I'll continue to use the Cuisinart Multi-Cooker, which is an oval shape, and has a lot more surface area for browning, and much easier to clean. My stovetop pressure cooker is an 8 qt. Fagor, which is also much easier to clean. I love having all of these options. Fortunately, storage area is not an issue.
tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:15 PM   #308
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
It's the Duo 7 function, which is about 6 more than I will use. For slow cooking I'll continue to use the Cuisinart Multi-Cooker, which is an oval shape, and has a lot more surface area for browning, and much easier to clean. My stovetop pressure cooker is an 8 qt. Fagor, which is also much easier to clean. I love having all of these options. Fortunately, storage area is not an issue.
I'm confused. Probably because I'm not an Instant Pot user. If you already have a pressure cooker and a slow cooker, what will you use the IP for?
Old 07-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #309
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Actually, he thought it worked that way when he was a puppy. I convinced him otherwise. Dogs are "pack" oriented. They know who the top dog is, and as a dog owner, you have to establish yourself as the "top dog." Once a dog reaches that understanding, they are actually very happy.

CD
I'm sure Rosiecat would - small as she is! I sometimes catch her staring at me with a very calculating expression.

Dogs are very clever. They make you think you're in charge in order that they should get a quiet life.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:48 PM   #310
Executive Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Talking Happy Birthday to Me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	098.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	30716

Click image for larger version

Name:	101.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	30717

DH as well as my Mother were very generous this year to me for my birthday.

I've already made two batches of Ice Cream, Vanilla with mini Chocolate chips and Meyer Lemon, MMM! (we had some vanilla ice cream with carrot cake for dessert for my birthday this evening )

AND
have vacuumed the entire house TWICE!
It's just hysterical to watch this thing do what it does.
Even DH was chuckling, "What did we do before technology?"

Now I don't have to hurt my back any further than it already is, I let the IRobot do it for me.

Tags
candy, kitchen