"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #301
Executive Chef
 
caseydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Excuse me, Caseydog! Don't you know that the poodle owns you, not the other way round?
Actually, he thought it worked that way when he was a puppy. I convinced him otherwise. Dogs are "pack" oriented. They know who the top dog is, and as a dog owner, you have to establish yourself as the "top dog." Once a dog reaches that understanding, they are actually very happy.

Cats, on the other hand, never stop thinking that they are in charge, and their humans exist to serve them. A study from researchers at the University of Edinburgh determined that, if they were big enough, your pet cat would kill you and eat you.

CD
__________________

__________________
“It was curious to think that the sky was the same for everybody, in Eurasia or Eastasia as well as here -- people ignorant of one another’s existence, held apart by walls of hatred and lies, and yet almost exactly the same.” -- George Orwell, 1984
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #302
Executive Chef
 
dragnlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post

Cats, on the other hand, never stop thinking that they are in charge, and their humans exist to serve them. A study from researchers at the University of Edinburgh determined that, if they were big enough, your pet cat would kill you and eat you.

CD
and that is why they are called domesticated - and wild cats are called wild cats - 'cause they will eat you...
__________________

__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
dragnlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #303
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 10,925
Size counts, dragn. When LittleBit nibbled at my hand it was no big deal. Had she been a "big cat", I'm pretty sure I would have lost that battle. And hand.

Hence, I see no reason to have a pet that has a bigger bite than I do.
__________________
"Eating ruins your appetite"~Mom

"The only running I do anymore is running late..."~~~moi
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #304
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: New Hampshire Seacoast
Posts: 1,800
I'm now an Instant Pothead

I have a stovetop pressure cooker, and there are some things that are best made in the pressure cooker. However, I have to monitor it so that it maintains pressure, so I don't use it as much as I could. I really like "set and forget" appliances.

Amazon had the 6 qt. Instant Pot for $60 on Prime Day. I'm not a member, so I asked my daughter to order it for me. By the time I sent her an email and she tried to order it, it was sold out. Damn!

Kohl's had the same pot for $70, but included $15 in Kohl's cash, bringing the price down to $55. That's the best price I've seen, so I bit. One more kitchen toy to play with.
tenspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #305
Chef Extraordinaire
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 10,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
I have a stovetop pressure cooker, and there are some things that are best made in the pressure cooker. However, I have to monitor it so that it maintains pressure, so I don't use it as much as I could. I really like "set and forget" appliances.

Amazon had the 6 qt. Instant Pot for $60 on Prime Day. I'm not a member, so I asked my daughter to order it for me. By the time I sent her an email and she tried to order it, it was sold out. Damn!

Kohl's had the same pot for $70, but included $15 in Kohl's cash, bringing the price down to $55. That's the best price I've seen, so I bit. One more kitchen toy to play with.
Was it the Duo 6 quart? I have a duo 6 quart and an ultra 6 quart.

I think you’re going to love it.
__________________
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #306
Head Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,013
I, certainly, enjoy mine...




Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #307
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: New Hampshire Seacoast
Posts: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Was it the Duo 6 quart? I have a duo 6 quart and an ultra 6 quart.

I think you’re going to love it.
It's the Duo 7 function, which is about 6 more than I will use. For slow cooking I'll continue to use the Cuisinart Multi-Cooker, which is an oval shape, and has a lot more surface area for browning, and much easier to clean. My stovetop pressure cooker is an 8 qt. Fagor, which is also much easier to clean. I love having all of these options. Fortunately, storage area is not an issue.
tenspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #308
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 43,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
It's the Duo 7 function, which is about 6 more than I will use. For slow cooking I'll continue to use the Cuisinart Multi-Cooker, which is an oval shape, and has a lot more surface area for browning, and much easier to clean. My stovetop pressure cooker is an 8 qt. Fagor, which is also much easier to clean. I love having all of these options. Fortunately, storage area is not an issue.
I'm confused. Probably because I'm not an Instant Pot user. If you already have a pressure cooker and a slow cooker, what will you use the IP for?
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #309
Executive Chef
 
Mad Cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North West England
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Actually, he thought it worked that way when he was a puppy. I convinced him otherwise. Dogs are "pack" oriented. They know who the top dog is, and as a dog owner, you have to establish yourself as the "top dog." Once a dog reaches that understanding, they are actually very happy.

Cats, on the other hand, never stop thinking that they are in charge, and their humans exist to serve them. A study from researchers at the University of Edinburgh determined that, if they were big enough, your pet cat would kill you and eat you.

CD
I'm sure Rosiecat would - small as she is! I sometimes catch her staring at me with a very calculating expression.

Dogs are very clever. They make you think you're in charge in order that they should get a quiet life.
__________________
Don’t look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Stomp along and switch the bl**dy thing on yourself.
Mad Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM   #310
Executive Chef
 
Kaneohegirlinaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Posts: 3,493
Talking Happy Birthday to Me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	098.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	30716

Click image for larger version

Name:	101.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	30717

DH as well as my Mother were very generous this year to me for my birthday.

I've already made two batches of Ice Cream, Vanilla with mini Chocolate chips and Meyer Lemon, MMM! (we had some vanilla ice cream with carrot cake for dessert for my birthday this evening )

AND
have vacuumed the entire house TWICE!
It's just hysterical to watch this thing do what it does.
Even DH was chuckling, "What did we do before technology?"

Now I don't have to hurt my back any further than it already is, I let the IRobot do it for me.
__________________

__________________
My Kitchen In The Middle Of The Desert ~ Wait, What? This Isn't Hawaii?
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
candy, kitchen

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.