Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a touchy-freely shopper. I buy very little online. This virus has put a cramp on my style.

That... plus it's out of stock online. [emoji38]

me too!

Watched a program last night, mostly on the effects of the virus other than medical. They were thinking that most online stuff would become the "thing" now that people are getting more used to it. Store fronts would take a dive if they didn't get into "online". Even to buying clothes, you would have an image of your body/shape and be able to try on clothes without going there.
Well, maybe if you're svelte, but I can almost guarantee no computer will be able to figure out just where my blubber will slide to under the clothes! :ohmy:

I'm so disappointed :(.

I ordered this for myself for my upcoming birthday.

Lodge 12 Inch Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet. Large Steel Skillet for Family Size Cooking.

carbon_steel_12inch_skillet.jpg

I got the delivered notice yesterday but no package arrived.

Contacted Amazon and was told to wait till end of day Monday to see if it arrives.

:(:(

That's a bummer MsM! I feel that Amazon's service has really gone downhill, fast!

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

IMG_6044.jpg

The retail shops `round these parts have slowly opened up.
They only allow so many persons in at a time, depending upon the size of the shop AND you are not allowed to try on clothes!!!!

So I bought a coupla things for the kitchen instead :LOL:

I love this new fruit bowl, it's from Italy. I looked at each item that was in my wagon and put back anything that was made in China, sorry ...
The liquid Olive Oil soap is also from Italy, love it too! My hands are no longer dry and chapped, YAY!! :clap:
Once that soap is gone, I'll refill it with my usual Aloe soap.

Amazon has had to hustle to keep up with increased online purchasing..

I was, frankly, amazed that my air fryer/oven arrived on time, in 3 days as promised..

Ross

I think one problem we are seeing with Amazon, besides increased online shopping, is that they are becoming the shipper for other businesses, not just the ones selling through them. I bought something recently through ebay, and got it in an Amazon box, and this business was not one I found in Amazon. And when I returned the item, the label printed out was a Priority Mail RTN label, not an Amazon label. This item came to me in just 3 days, but another, through Amazon, was listed as coming last Thursday, then I got an email the last two days saying it would be here those days, and now it's listed as "running late". Are they biting off more than they can chew?

No kidding, I have a Prime account and it is taking 2-3 weeks to get anything.
We have been placing ALOT of orders in the last 3 months. We haven't had any problems. We have gotten everything so far sooner than expected by 1 or 2 days. This was the exception. I wonder if the mail man made a mistake and figured it's late and over 100F I'll leave it till Monday.

I say this because 2 boxes were supposed to come yesterday.
I got a delivery notice for the wrong box. The other one said out for delivery for about an hour after. Then both boxes said they were delivered. To my mail box!! The one that was delivered never would have fit in the box. And the box with the 12" skillet will never fit in the box either.

I ordered a new WaterPic for my Mom through Amazon, sold by a third party though and it took 3 weeks to get to California.
In the meantime, I sent Mom TWO USPS Flat Rate boxes that got to her a week before Amazon's did!
Most of my Amazon orders come by USPS or Amazon lately. We've had good luck with them. I can't remember the last order that came FedEx or UPS.
I'm just disappointed that it didn't come.

We have been placing ALOT of orders in the last 3 months. We haven't had any problems. We have gotten everything so far sooner than expected by 1 or 2 days. This was the exception. I wonder if the mail man made a mistake and figured it's late and over 100F I'll leave it till Monday.
A mail carrier died down the street from me a week or so ago. I haven't seen it in the news, but it was really hot that day and apparently she had worked a double shift. She passed out and then died on someone's porch. People suspect that she may have had heat stroke. Maybe the post office is taking extra precautions now.

A mail carrier died down the street from me a week or so ago. I haven't seen it in the news, but it was really hot that day and apparently she had worked a double shift. She passed out and then died on someone's porch. People suspect that she may have had heat stroke. Maybe the post office is taking extra precautions now.
I hope so! They work hard.

That's very sad about the mail carrier. I too hope the post office is taking extra precautions. If not, I hope the mail carriers are.

That's terrible to hear. I've never heard of somebody working a "double shift", unless it was another, unrelated job, before doing the carrier job. 12 hours were the max, even in the old days, and now they have almost done away with overtime, which some workers used to depend on. Which is what made me think of a second job.

My bosses were always good at times like this - they'd get a case of cold water from Wawa, or somewhere like that, and bunch of ice, and it would be in a huge ice chest, for us to grab one, when leaving. And they'd go around checking up on us, in the afternoon. And the ones they knew to check up on the most were the new people - they always had a lot in the summer, to fill in for vacationers, and even though most were young, it's easy to overdo it in the heat, if not used to it. Most of us would bring a small ice chest with a half dozen bottles of frozen water, and drink them as they thawed. Plus, I had a lot of nice people on my route, that were always checking on me! They got treats from my garden, if I found out I grew something they liked. All those years in the summer heat, and I'd still come home and do what I had to in the garden! I got used to the heat, even though I hated it.

There are a few things going on in the package delivery world. One is Amazon's relatively new but enormous venture, taking over the lion's share of their own deliveries. That's caused some hiccups for my own orders but while the jury is still out, in my opinion, its hard bet against Amazon.

I'm more worried about changes occurring in the Post Office.

Because we live in a rural area, we don't have ANYTHING
sent to our house address.
(things have a habit of disappearing here :glare:)
Long before we moved here, we went to the US Post Office,
and got us a P.O. Box.
Most of our deliveries start out with Amazon, UPS and FedEx,
but they then pass it off to USPS for final delivery from
The Big City.

I have a PO Box, the Post Office does not deliver in town, so they have to furnish those that live in town limits a PO Box.

I have a PO Box, the Post Office does not deliver in town, so they have to furnish those that live in town limits a PO Box.
I lived in a small village for a few years. Our road wasn't covered by rural delivery. So, we had a very large P.O. box. It was actually #1. I seriously doubt that the people who live in the village get delivery. Just about every had a P.O. box, but those of us with no delivery got the box for half price.

Back
Top Bottom