Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like those as well. They are stiff and only flexible right on the edge. I've had "better" ones that were all floppy and you could do anything with them.

They also haven't stained or melted.

And for a buck, they are even more awesome.

My kids now wait for me to tell them what they got me for a present...

I'll phone and say:

"thank you, thank you!! It's exactly what I wanted."​

and they'll say

"Oh great, I'm glad. What did I buy you this time?"​

Memories of Mama...

She was lusting over some beautiful bone handled steak knives from an upscale China Shop back in the day.

She told me to tell Dad she wanted them for her birthday.

He gave her a pretty watch instead.

Guess what Dad got for his birthday the following month?

That very clever woman knew how to get what she wanted. You go Mom!

Last edited:
Yup, made of bamboo by a company called Coconut Bowls which, coincidentally also sell bowls made of coconuts. If I get enough reward points free I'll get some of them too.

The bowls are cool too. I like that the straws come with a little bamboo brush for cleaning the insides.

Edit, just looked at your picture and I see you got a different type of brush.

The bowls are cool too. I like that the straws come with a little bamboo brush for cleaning the insides.

Edit, just looked at your picture and I see you got a different type of brush.

I never looked closely at that page I linked to. For something to hang on the wall as decoration, the bamboo brush might be okay. But a protein smoothie has become a daily part of first breakfast. Don't think the bamboo would hold up. The one that came with my set feels like a serious tool that should last a very long time.

I never looked closely at that page I linked to. For something to hang on the wall as decoration, the bamboo brush might be okay. But a protein smoothie has become a daily part of first breakfast. Don't think the bamboo would hold up. The one that came with my set feels like a serious tool that should last a very long time.
You are probably right. I see it is tied together with bamboo. I have a bamboo wok brush that looks pretty much like this:

49634-00.jpg

The bamboo wound around the end is coming loose. It's a shame. It's such a great tool for scrubbing a wok or cast iron skillet clean, especially if you are doing it dry, with salt.

Spending money like we've got it! [emoji38] Thankfully, we did not need our stimulus money to pay bills, etc. Instead, we have bought a few new toys for ourselves. The Classic is mine, while Himself got the BlueDot wireless probe for the grill. I used mine for the steak last night. I wonder when he'll get around to using his.
IMG_20200803_205231025_HDR.jpg

Spending money like we've got it! [emoji38] Thankfully, we did not need our stimulus money to pay bills, etc. Instead, we have bought a few new toys for ourselves. The Classic is mine, while Himself got the BlueDot wireless probe for the grill. I used mine for the steak last night. I wonder when he'll get around to using his.
View attachment 42277

You'll enjoy those two. I have one of each also and they work great.

I bought myself two new toys:

IMG_6208.jpg

A Hand Mixer, less than $10USD
and
An Electric Skillet, less than $20USD
and no, I've never had either before, really, honest!

I was making a small-ish batch of Whipped Cream, and it was
sheer over-kill in the KA! So I broke down and bought one.

The Electric Skillet I got the idea after watching some YouTuber
from Hawaii use her Wok outside in her Carport, as to not get grease
all over her new kitchen and the smell stays outside as well :idea:

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

I had been using by FryDaddy outside on the patio to deep fry Fries and Chicken, why couldn't I take an Electric Skillet out back and pan fry foods
that pop all over the place?
Trial run is tonight making CheeseSteaks using frozen Steak-ums
AND French Fries!!!
:chef:

I finally got a set of nut milk bags. I was inspired by a recipe I saw somewhere about draining the whey from yogurt to make yogurt cheese, or labneh. I have some ricotta and I want to do a taste test [emoji38]

We will dedicate one of the bags for DH to use when he's filtering debris out of the honey from our hives.
20200911_145227.jpg

I bought myself two new toys:

View attachment 42313

A Hand Mixer, less than $10USD
and
An Electric Skillet, less than $20USD
and no, I've never had either before, really, honest!

I was making a small-ish batch of Whipped Cream, and it was
sheer over-kill in the KA! So I broke down and bought one.

The Electric Skillet I got the idea after watching some YouTuber
from Hawaii use her Wok outside in her Carport, as to not get grease
all over her new kitchen and the smell stays outside as well :idea:

View attachment 42315

View attachment 42316

I had been using by FryDaddy outside on the patio to deep fry Fries and Chicken, why couldn't I take an Electric Skillet out back and pan fry foods
that pop all over the place?
Trial run is tonight making CheeseSteaks using frozen Steak-ums
AND French Fries!!!
:chef:

I forgot to update:

IMG_6216.jpg

IMG_6217.jpg

IMG_6218.jpg

This works GREAT outside!
I'm not worrying about a huge mess in the kitchen anymore :clap:

I finally got a set of nut milk bags. I was inspired by a recipe I saw somewhere about draining the whey from yogurt to make yogurt cheese, or labneh. I have some ricotta and I want to do a taste test [emoji38]

We will dedicate one of the bags for DH to use when he's filtering debris out of the honey from our hives.
View attachment 42855
I love straining my yogurt with a nut milk bag. I got the big cotton bag that fits over the mouth of my steam basket. My yogurt comes out like cream cheese. If you want clean whey (without any yogurt in it) to use for other recipes; place a tea towel over a strainer then place nut bag over it.

I finally used my Couché to proof my balls of dough for my sausage bread. I love it! I can't wait to make french loaves.

I love straining my yogurt with a nut milk bag. I got the big cotton bag that fits over the mouth of my steam basket. My yogurt comes out like cream cheese. If you want clean whey (without any yogurt in it) to use for other recipes; place a tea towel over a strainer then place nut bag over it.
I'm going to do that, te, following your recipe. We've been using a lot of yogurt this year.

Back
Top Bottom