Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up one of these for the house after using commercial ones for a couple of years now, I love it, it's a welcome addition to the kitchen.

I've had mine for almost two years, and I love it. Now you need a Searzall to sear your sous vide foods. It is also awesome for food styling for photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5oW_LNbA8

CG, I have a LeCruset factory outlet near me, and I can't find anything different about the factory seconds.

CD

I bought my factory second 7.25-Qt. LeC French oven at an outlet for about half price. There was a tiny fleck of orange glazed into the inside of the pot. 20 years later it's still there.

I bought my factory second 7.25-Qt. LeC French oven at an outlet for about half price. There was a tiny fleck of orange glazed into the inside of the pot. 20 years later it's still there.

All of my LeCruset cookware is factory seconds. I could not find any difference at all -- other than the price, of course.

CD

CG, I have a LeCruset factory outlet near me, and I can't find anything different about the factory seconds.

CD
I'm jealous. The nearest factory outlet to me is an hour's drive each way. I swear when we moved to MA Himself told the real estate agent to tag all of the shopping areas, then find the location that would make each one the longest drive possible. It's not like I'm a shopper, for gosh sakes! Sadly for him, I do have a wide variety of grocery stores (8 that I can think of right off the top of my head) to chose from within a much smaller circle. :LOL: My vice - food shopping!

I decided to channel Katie H. and visit the Goodwill store in our daughter's town. Yup, Ohio Goodwills are better than those in MA! I could have walked out with a number of things, but decided it was best to pick just two. One was a kitchen goody that I have wanted...but not badly enough to pay full price. For a mere $4, I am now the proud owner of a Nordic Ware Aebleskiver pan. I'm thinking I might have to try it out before we head back to MA. :cool:

new-williams-sonoma-ebelskiver-filled-pancake-pan-non-stick-nordic-ware-c68128c481ac177953f4a01d6a4ac04c.jpg

I decided to channel Katie H. and visit the Goodwill store in our daughter's town. Yup, Ohio Goodwills are better than those in MA! I could have walked out with a number of things, but decided it was best to pick just two. One was a kitchen goody that I have wanted...but not badly enough to pay full price. For a mere $4, I am now the proud owner of a Nordic Ware Aebleskiver pan. I'm thinking I might have to try it out before we head back to MA. :cool:

new-williams-sonoma-ebelskiver-filled-pancake-pan-non-stick-nordic-ware-c68128c481ac177953f4a01d6a4ac04c.jpg

OOH!
Very jealous!
I love those tiny Danish pancakes!
I use to be able to get them frozen at Trader Joe's but the vendor stop production. I've wanted to try my hand at it (my Mom is Danish and we have these all the time when we visit with her back in her in Cali).

Oooh, nice find CG. I too LOVE aebleskivers and haven't had them for quite a few years, probably since the last time I went to Solvang, CA. Lingonberry jam to top....:yum:

Sounds like I have a reason to have Himself take us to Ikea, right Cheryl? :whistling: I did pick up a jar of Amish jam called "Traffic Jam" when I was running a few errands today. If I make the little darlin's while still at our daughter's, I think I'll use that for the filling. :yum:

Also good for making takoyaki!

Sounds like I have a reason to have Himself take us to Ikea, right Cheryl? :whistling: I did pick up a jar of Amish jam called "Traffic Jam" when I was running a few errands today. If I make the little darlin's while still at our daughter's, I think I'll use that for the filling. :yum:

"Traffic Jam"....cute name! Please let us know how you love it. :) If you and Himself do get to IKEA, don't pass up their Swedish Meatballs! Sooo good..:yum:

Cheryl, we bought that same-named jam when we vacationed in Asheville a couple of years ago. I still have the jar with the label (because it just won't soak off of the jar!) in the basement. I'll have to compare ingredients. I remember wandering the internet for a recipe - the easiest ones combined a bag of Trader Joe's frozen Berry Medley (raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, blueberry), no-cook, sugar-free pectin, and maybe a bit of water.

Thanks, TAT. Not sure it would work, though. A blog I read said that the dimensions of the pan are way too big to make a proper takoyaki - the ball is about 4 or 5 times too big.

Santa came early! This was waiting for me on the front porch, albeit all tucked into its well-padded box inside of another well-padded box. Himself said it was like a Russian nesting doll. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20170930_154118.jpg
    20170930_154118.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 20170930_154208.jpg
    20170930_154208.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 153
Thanks, TAT. Not sure it would work, though. A blog I read said that the dimensions of the pan are way too big to make a proper takoyaki - the ball is about 4 or 5 times too big.

Santa came early! This was waiting for me on the front porch, albeit all tucked into its well-padded box inside of another well-padded box. Himself said it was like a Russian nesting doll. [emoji38]
Oooohh, nice! I want one! But mine would have to be a Le Creuset in a bright color to go with the rest of my collection ;) I'm keeping an eye on eBay.

Santa came early! This was waiting for me on the front porch, albeit all tucked into its well-padded box inside of another well-padded box. Himself said it was like a Russian nesting doll. :LOL:

BE~AU~TI~FUL CG!! Congrats!
I forget, I know you made mention of what your going to create in this new toy when it came, but right now I can't recall ....

Oooohh, nice! I want one! But mine would have to be a Le Creuset in a bright color to go with the rest of my collection ;) I'm keeping an eye on eBay.
I have an orange Le Creuset, an orange Lodge, and an reddish-orange Staub. I liked the looks of the blue, plus it's an exclusive color to Food 52. They got me with "exclusive". ;)

I loved my Le Creuset 4 1/4 oval Dutch oven. Then I got the 4-quart Staub Cocotte when Andy posted a link to Food 52 a couple years ago. My allegiance has changed. I've been waiting for a reason/excuse to get another one of their pieces. Food 52 has a number of items on sale right now. Just sayin'...

BE~AU~TI~FUL CG!! Congrats!
I forget, I know you made mention of what your going to create in this new toy when it came, but right now I can't recall ....
It was going to be stuffed cabbage. I figured this would arrive sometime next week - and the corner store sells their store-ground beef on Wednesdays. Since the braiser is here, I think I'll be using it for tomorrow's planned mac-and-cheese.

Back
Top Bottom