Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is pretty anticlimactic following some nice cast iron, but I went to Ace Mart Restaurant Supply and bought a food container and lid for my Anova sous vide circulator. I wanted to buy a lot more, but remembered that I'm not rich. Bummer.

The container is the perfect size for my circulator, and I'm going to cut a U-shaped hole in the lid to fit around the circulator, and slow down evaporation for longer cooks.

CD

Attachments

• sousvide005.jpg
    sousvide005.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 152
Hey CD, any new kitchen toy is a good kitchen toy. Even a plastic tub!

I don't buy kitchen items because we're rich. The way I figure it, I've cooked some real high-end kind of meals for us at home, meals that would have cost a good dollar in a restaurant. When I cook enough fancy meals, I figure I earned a new kitchen goody. :LOL:

I don't buy kitchen items because we're rich. The way I figure it, I've cooked some real high-end kind of meals for us at home, meals that would have cost a good dollar in a restaurant. When I cook enough fancy meals, I figure I earned a new kitchen goody. :LOL:

My "I'm not rich" comment was about being in a restaurant supply store, and not being able to buy everything I want. It's like the kid in a candy store with one dollar to spend. :(

CD

When I go into kitchen or restaurant supply store, I have to put my hands in my pocket and keep chanting to myself,
"Do don't need that, you DON'T need that!!"
But it's fun to look sometimes.
Congrats on your purchase casey, I was looking at
a nice sized covered 'tub' for bread doughs actually.

When I go into kitchen or restaurant supply store, I have to put my hands in my pocket and keep chanting to myself,
"Do don't need that, you DON'T need that!!"
But it's fun to look sometimes.
Congrats on your purchase casey, I was looking at
a nice sized covered 'tub' for bread doughs actually.

Ours is in a location we seldom go to.. Whenever I'm near, I have to wander through the store.. Its a fun place to visit.. and yeah... I usually walk out with something.. (um...paid for, of course..:ermm:)

Ross

003.JPG

YAY!!
It's here, it's here!

I picked this up at the Post Office this afternoon,
our new road trip coffee maker.
Keurig K15 in Chili Red.
Yeah, it's a little cheaply made, at least in comparison
to the full-sized baby that lives in my kitchen,
but this machine is strictly for the road.

Here's what I like:
No internal water reservoir to worry about
(water in, water out one cup at a time)
Compact
Kinda light weight
Absolutely LOVE the color
and a consistently good cup of coffee every time

There are times that we'll be on the road for a month or more,
this fits the bill!
DH had to try it out for his afternoon cuppa,
me, I'll try it when we go back down to Southern AZ
in a coupla weeks.
WEEEEEE! Love new toys!

I'm happy that you're happy, K-Girl! That's a nice, bright red. Should be easy to find for a coffee-deprived mind in the morning. ;)

I'm happy, too. We got our latest order of coffee from the little roasting company we buy from. 8# should do us for the next two or three months. :w00t2: (<How I look after drinking my coffee...)

I'm happy that you're happy, K-Girl! That's a nice, bright red. Should be easy to find for a coffee-deprived mind in the morning. ;)

I'm happy, too. We got our latest order of coffee from the little roasting company we buy from. 8# should do us for the next two or three months. :w00t2: (<How I look after drinking my coffee...)

You know it CG!
I chose red to make sure that any hotel that we might stay at
wouldn't try to say that it's theirs. Some places we've stayed
have these compact cuties, but not in the different colors,
they go with the basic black.
I'll never forget the first time we saw one, we were in Colorado
and we just couldn't figure it out, gave up, and made our
standard instant Starbuck's Via with hot water from the micro :rolleyes:

... and isn't coffee a wonderful thing CG?
Where is it that you order from, just curious

Dean's Beans, K-Girl. Dean Cycon is a true activist for his partner farmers, and a practical environmentalist. He also sells some pretty darned good coffees! Very fresh, too. They store only green beans, not a full inventory of already roasted. They roast to order, offer whole beans as the norm (if you want them pre-ground it's an extra 25 cents per pound), and ship immediately. I ordered in the wee hours of Tuesday morning and had my beans on the porch by Thursday mid-afternoon. The best part is that some of the monies from my coffee purchase will be going directly to the small farms affected by the Mexican earthquakes. They even had a "button" to donate towards the rebuilding effort. Of course I checked it off.

We used to get all of our coffee from Green Mountain when we moved here. Then they developed the Keurig, started to drive their market towards those machines, and started to pull back on our coffee options. We like whole bean coffee so we can grind it as needed. They started to offer fewer selections in whole beans. We finally got fed up, I looked for a new coffee supplier, and decided to go with Dean's Beans. We haven't regretted it at all, in case you couldn't tell. :LOL: At $10 per full pound of coffee, it's a real deal to us.

We just got back from Southern AZ where we finished up our round of doctor's appointments for the year, YAY! AND I got them all to agree to 1 year follow ups, DOUBLE YAY!!!

Anyways, I digress from the topic of this thread...

Got to use our new Chili Red Keurig, what a joy to have a good up of coffee (IOHO)!
AND
I got to go shopping at all of my favorite shops that we don't have up here in Cowboy-ville!

001.JPG
ATK/CI recommended kitchen towels that I needed to replace

002.JPG
Appetizer sized spoons and knives (spreaders)...I have the forks

004.JPG
Personal-sized Deep Dish Pie Plate for DH's Apple Pies (I've been looking for this!)

005.JPG
Saimin Bowls (Noodle Bowls), the ones I have are just too big

003.JPG
Personal-Sized Glass (Anchor Hocking) Pie Plate for moi, can you say Pumpkin Pie? :yum:

While doing my shopping, I also was able to purchase many food items in quantity that I can not find here in Northern AZ... my deep freeze is pretty full ;)

Last edited:
We just got back from Southern AZ where we finished up our round of doctor's appointments for the year, YAY! AND I got them all to agree to 1 year follow ups, DOUBLE YAY!!!

Anyways, I digress from the topic of this thread...

Got to use our new Chili Red Keurig, what a joy to have a good up of coffee (IOHO)!
AND
I got to go shopping at all of my favorite shops that we don't have up here in Cowboy-ville!

View attachment 28230
ATK/CI recommended kitchen towels that I needed to replace

View attachment 28231
Appetizer sized spoons and knives (spreaders)...I have the forks

View attachment 28232
Personal-sized Deep Dish Pie Plate for DH's Apple Pies (I've been looking for this!)

View attachment 28233
Saimin Bowls (Noodle Bowls), the ones I have are just too big

View attachment 28234
Personal-Sized Glass (Anchor Hocking) Pie Plate for moi, can you say Pumpkin Pie? :yum:

While doing my shopping, I also was able to purchase many food items in quantity that I can not find here in Northern AZ... my deep freeze is pretty full ;)

Great finds and toys. I refuse to buy Pyrex any more. I know so many that claim their Pyrex dishes shatter right in the oven or when you reach in to remove it from the oven. Anchor Hocking for me from no on.

Lots of fun new kitchen candy there, kgirl! I'm lovin' that deep dish apple pie plate....and the towels...and the colorful noodle bowls....:)

I've been replacing some old Calphalon pans with All-Clad tri-ply as I find deals on pieces that I want. I just picked up a 3 qt. saute pan with a lid for $69.99 at Macy's. Looks like All-Clad is running a special on this pan for $99.99, and I had a discount code for an additional 30% off from Macy's. The code is posted at slickdeals.net.

What fun Kgirl!! Love all your new stuff, especially those beautiful hammered handle knives and spoons. Do you know the pattern name and maker?

I found these at Crate&Barrel

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/midi-appetizer-fork/s232653

They discontinued the White Enamel Handled Appetizer forks, spoons and "spreaders" aka knives just 2 months ago...that's what I wanted! I broke one of the spoon handles, dang it! So oh well, I like this new pattern, but I didn't buy the forks when we were down South... I suppose I could put that on my wish list for "Mom-Santa" ;)

I've been replacing some old Calphalon pans with All-Clad tri-ply as I find deals on pieces that I want. I just picked up a 3 qt. saute pan with a lid for $69.99 at Macy's. Looks like All-Clad is running a special on this pan for $99.99, and I had a discount code for an additional 30% off from Macy's. The code is posted at slickdeals.net.

I predict it will be your favorite pan ever 10 and what a buy you got! I got mine as a second with a tiny dimple. I paid $100 and worth twice that or more.

I found these at Crate&Barrel

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/midi-appetizer-fork/s232653

They discontinued the White Enamel Handled Appetizer forks, spoons and "spreaders" aka knives just 2 months ago...that's what I wanted! I broke one of the spoon handles, dang it! So oh well, I like this new pattern, but I didn't buy the forks when we were down South... I suppose I could put that on my wish list for "Mom-Santa" ;)

Thanks Kgirl. I gotta have them.;)

Does a compost pail count as kitchen bling? ;) I think it does!

DH rebuilt our 20-year-old compost bin last summer and I finally got a container to keep in the kitchen for scraps. Can't wait to have beautiful soil for the gardens next spring.
1113171037a.jpg
1020171415a.jpg

I used to add wet newspaper to my compost pile. Come springtime, I had more worms than beautiful dirt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom