Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you make something in the IP and then want to serve it over rice?

Totally agree with the "set and forget" capability.
I have an IP, too. It's *really* not difficult to make rice in a saucepan or the microwave. I saw people in the IP group on Facebook who bought a second IP *just* for making rice :rolleyes: Some people should be putting their extra cash in the bank.

I like making my rice in a pot on stove. But I can put potatoes cut up in pot with 1 cup water and salt then place a long leg trivet over them and place a bowl with veggies on top. Set it for 5 minutes and walk away. When it beeps quick release and mash taters.
I bought this set to cook pot in pot foods that I don’t want to sit in the water. Which I used to make 2 different BBQ sauces at the same time.

Aozita Stackable Steamer Insert Pans with Sling for Instant Pot Accessories 6/8 qt- Stainless Steel Food Steamer for Pressure Cooker, Baking, Lasagna Pans, Upgrade Interchangeable Lids Included

67E620DE-97F2-4173-A8EC-B4C2DE415A18.jpg

I can also use the 2 trays in the oven to make 2 cakes (I don’t have any cake pans)

They will be good to reheat leftovers. I hate reheating in like microwave everything turns into a hockey puck.
I do like to cook veggies in microwave.

I love making yogurt in my IP and my new Ultra has a sterilize mode.

Last edited:

Good question.. I hope my response suffices..

Rice is usually, in my kitchen, served as a side for an entree cooked stove top in a CI skillet or wok, baked in the oven, grilled on the patio or...

My intent is not to cook everything in the IP but rather to eliminate as many appliances as possible.. I find that I don't need a rice cooker, a toaster, a food processor, full size mixer, etc..

I have found tho, that I do need to pick up a waffle iron.. ;)

Ross

I like making my rice in a pot on stove. But I can put potatoes cut up in pot with 1 cup water and salt then place a long leg trivet over them and place a bowl with veggies on top. Set it for 5 minutes and walk away. When it beeps quick release and mash taters.
I bought this set to cook pot in pot foods that I don’t want to sit in the water. Which I used to make 2 different BBQ sauces at the same time.

Aozita Stackable Steamer Insert Pans with Sling for Instant Pot Accessories 6/8 qt- Stainless Steel Food Steamer for Pressure Cooker, Baking, Lasagna Pans, Upgrade Interchangeable Lids Included

View attachment 30735

I can also use the 2 trays in the oven to make 2 cakes (I don’t have any cake pans)

They will be good to reheat leftovers. I hate reheating in like microwave everything turns into a hockey puck.
I do like to cook veggies in microwave.

I love making yogurt in my IP and my new Ultra has a sterilize mode.

Now stop that!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Got my new Ball electric waterbath canner today! I test-drove it, and it's pretty slick. I have a glasstop stove that just isn't built for canners, water in large containers takes forever to boil. The Ball should save me much aggravation, and I can get rid of my old graniteware.

Got my new Ball electric waterbath canner today! I test-drove it, and it's pretty slick. I have a glasstop stove that just isn't built for canners, water in large containers takes forever to boil. The Ball should save me much aggravation, and I can get rid of my old graniteware.

I look forward to hearing more!
I thought about that Ball Canner, but ...

OMG!!! i finially found this wonderful good! love it!

Well, my primary chef's knife was missing many days ago. i dont know where it is going. I finally broke down and bought a new one -- I can't wait to get it. cooking is the best thing in life!!:chef:

Well, my primary chef's knife was missing many days ago. i dont know where it is going. I finally broke down and bought a new one -- I can't wait to get it. cooking is the best thing in life!!:chef:

Don't just tease us, tell us what what knife you bought. :huh: :mrgreen:

CD

View attachment 30932

I finally got one!
YAY!
I'm going to give it a test drive tomorrow ...

You're gonna love that Fry Wall thing Kgirl! I now have two sizes and don't know what I did without them. Yes I do, I cleaned up splattered grease messes all over the stove.:mad:

OMG, that was ugly. We had all of those colors in the 70s. I look at that now, and wonder what we were thinking. :LOL:

CD
Yep, but we all thought it looked very cool then Casey. Time marches on, and in another 50 years everybody will wonder what the heck we were thinking with all the ugly stainless steel appliances.

Looks like one of those cones you put on a dog to keeping him from licking his stitches after a surgery. :LOL:

CD
Haaa..you're right about that Casey.

Last edited:
In that case you'll be interested in this for your next kitchen renovation:

https://retrorenovation.com/2013/12/02/retro-renovations-2014-color-year-harvest-gold/

Or do you prefer Avocado? :)

I can pass on those colours but I sort a like the layout of the kitchen and eating area.

View attachment 30932

I finally got one!
YAY!
I'm going to give it a test drive tomorrow ...

I've wondered about those things. My query is how easy is it to plunk onto the pan and how about the ease of maneuvering things about in the pan?

Back
Top Bottom