Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I need to see the thing out of its package to understand how it works.

It doesn't look anything like the julienne blade for my mandolin. Well, maybe the blade I'm thinking of is actually for cutting French fry strips.
The question was about julienne cutting.

Personally I don't think the thing in the photo would be any use at either julienne-ing or cutting french fries. The gadget I have is a very efficient German model with a holder so you don't julienne your fingers and 4 ferociously sharp blades for 2 thickness of slices and 2 different sizes of julienne.

Unfortunately there are a lot of poorly designed gadgets on the market for the un-wise and the poorly "educated" not just for cooking.

Sadly, the charity shops and rubbish bins of Britain (and probably the US too) are populated by gadgets that seemed a good idea at the time - and I'm not ignoring my own ill-advised purchases, either!!!

I have the standard garlic press. But the difference with mine is that you can crush it or put the clove in the second pocket and it will slice it so neatly. No sliced fingers.

That must have been fun shopping Kgirl. How does that thing for julienne vegis work?

I think I need to see the thing out of its package to understand how it works.

It looks nothing like the julienne blade for my mandolin. Well, maybe the blade I'm thinking of is actually for cutting French fry strips.

The question was about julienne cutting.

Personally I don't think the thing in the photo would be any use at either julienne-ing or cutting french fries. The gadget I have is a very efficient German model with a holder so you don't julienne your fingers and 4 ferociously sharp blades for 2 thickness of slices and 2 different sizes of julienne.

Unfortunately there are a lot of poorly designed gadgets on the market for the un-wise and the poorly "educated" not just for cooking.

Sadly, the charity shops and rubbish bins of Britain (and probably the US too) are populated by gadgets that seemed a good idea at the time - and I'm not ignoring my own ill-advised purchases, either!!!

002.jpg

001.jpg

075.jpg

First off, let me tell y'all that this bugger works like a DREAM!!!
Gorgeous julienne carrots, for now, we'll try it on other veg later... I want to try a Sweet Potato for Fries :yum:
I'm very pleased with this gadget that I found, vastly less expensive than a Mandolin I'd say.
It's far from 'rubbish' and I am no where near to being 'un-wise and the poorly "educated" not just for cooking.'
Not bad for less than $5USD HUH?
I'm just sayin' :LOL:

:rolleyes:So much for insulting "uneducated" remarks from the peanut gallery Kgirl.

It looks like a tool that really works and for a great price. Great find.:chef:

Last edited:
:rolleyes:So much for insulting "uneducated" remarks from the peanut gallery Kgirl.

It looks like a tool that really works and for a great price. Great find.:chef:

You betcha Kayelle!
AND
this is an Asian gadget!
I used an old terry cloth potholder
rather than some fancy pants glove... it worked!
I still have all, um, yes, well, that's it, 10, yes TEN digits intact :LOL:

I must make a confession - I unshopped today. I returned the pressure cooker (AKA "Instant Pot") to Aldi. I read the directions and the very brief cookbooklet that came with it, let it sit in the sun room for more than a month, and figured I just wasn't going to use it much at all. I know it was only $39.99, but it wasn't going to be a good deal if all it did was take up space. I did have a passing thought to re-buy it, though, when I found out that the price on it has now been reduced to $29.77. :mrgreen: Nah, didn't buy it back, even though I would have been ahead by $10. At least I did get my full amount back.

You betcha Kayelle!
AND
this is an Asian gadget!
I used an old terry cloth potholder
rather than some fancy pants glove... it worked!
I still have all, um, yes, well, that's it, 10, yes TEN digits intact :LOL:
This just doesn't sound right. :)

But seriously, they work, and are much cheaper than the deductible at the emergency room.

I'm with Mad Cook on this one. More often than not these gadgets end at the back of the drawer or in the dust bin. Kgirl, the fact that this one did not is fantastic.

I've chucked a few myself :rolleyes:

gave away a couple of items - one of which works beautifully for a friend but not for me.

Guess it is all in the eye hand of the beholder...

I've been wanting easy to clean large and small roasting/broiling racks. Leave it to OXO to solve the problem. Brilliant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjYB8jLhLc
I just picked these up at BB&B. I used the $10 off $30 coupon. They are running an Oxo promo where you get a $5 gift card for purchasing $30 worth of certain Oxo products. It just so happened that I could use enough qualifying items. Oxo products are not discounted very often, so I made out pretty well.

Oxo also makes a round one that will fit inside an Instant Pot.

I had to get out of the house/office -- it's been raining way too much. So, I went to the local mall for lunch and to walk around.

I got through the AppleStore without buying anything, but Williams Sonoma got me. My old veggie dicer broke a few weeks ago, after about three years of being pounded on, so I needed a new on. The ones they sell now are much sturdier than the one I had.

CD

Attachments

• Chopper001.jpg
    Chopper001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 149
Score!

My parents bought me a cabin on LOW. All my stuff is in storage 1400 miles east. Went to an auction today. Picked up 7 Le Creuset pans in like new condition for $36. Score!

My food processor died. So I got this replacement.

Oster® Total Prep 10-Cup Food Processor with Dough Blade

F741826D-4493-4CAF-A57C-7CEFB502545D.jpeg

My parents bought me a cabin on LOW. All my stuff is in storage 1400 miles east. Went to an auction today. Picked up 7 Le Creuset pans in like new condition for $36. Score!
Wow, what an incredible deal. Congrats on the cabin, too. Does this mean you're not moving back to Canada?

WOW - I would say that is almost the equivalent of the million $ lotto - well, almost... Congrats!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom