Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ordered this some time ago and it's one of my most useful gadgets. It slices a boat load of mushrooms for soup or sauces, not to mention strawberries, olives, or eggs and more.

I've had cheap knockoffs of the same idea but this is very high quality and worth every penny.
Westmark Germany Stainless Steel Multipurpose Slicer with Seven Blades

Attachments

• 41qNehcke2L.jpg
    41qNehcke2L.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I just picked up an AeroGarden Harvest from Kohl's Black Friday sale. It's the 6 pod indoor herb garden. List is $150, Amazon has it for $100, Kohl's has it for $85 with $15 Kohl's cash back, so the bottom line is $70. I planted it today and will see how it goes.

Look what I got, look what I got!!!

DSC00853.jpg

Dh and I went over to Tuesday Morning a few towns over the other day, looking for a new suitcase.
We found our new suitcase and a new toy for moi too!
I had wanted one of these for a awhile, but just never got around to ordering it online.

So, for dinner last night it was a local favorite

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

Kara`age Chicken (Japanese-Style Fried Chicken)
My Version of Quick Cucumber Kim Chee
and steamed White Rice
:yum:
I was a happy little homesick island gal

003.jpg

I've wanted these Dishers for a long time and
FINALLY pulled the trigger!
I ordered them as a set from King Arthur Flour,
not cheap boy-howdy-doody !!
Last night DH pulled the 'black' scoop out
of the kitchen drawer and started dishing out
Ice Cream, HARD Ice Cream
screaming yikes.jpg
Needless to say, I snatched it from him,
and CALMLY handed him the regulation Ice Cream scoop :LOL:

I ordered one other item that I've been ogling over
004.jpg

I've always loved to make breads, and recently took back
up this practice. I've also wanted to try a Danish Dough Whisk.
ZOWY !!!
That takes some brute strength with a not so lose dough.

I love that dough whisk! I got it from KAF when they first carried it, and it has not loosened up in the least. And I put it in the DW most of the time, so that doesn't seem to bother it.

Our new Keurig Mini Plus for our Road Trips!!!
Had a great offer when we ordered online,
48 K-Cup Pods for your choice,
FREE!!!
001.jpg
I think this will work well
We'll store it in a plastic covered bin,
along with our K-Pod stash and sweetener,
mugs and spoons, all in the back of the CR-V...
"On The Road Again"
Can't wait!

I have a heart shaped ravioli cutter I used to use on Valentine's day, when I'd make dinners with things like that. Also a heart shaped shortbread press, and cookie cutter. Haven't used that stuff for a long time, but they're in there somewhere!

Thank you, tenspeed, for mentioning the All-Clad sale. I replaced one of my big saute/frypans with a new beauty. It's not as deep as I thought it would be, however, so I'm still hanging on to my deep non-stick.
IMG_20190321_164849133_HDR.jpg

New Outboard

During the most recent All Clad sale they offered an additional 20% discount and free shipping on one item. I have a Cuisinart immersion blender, which works sort of OK, but I wasn't really happy with it. The All Clad blender gets very high ratings, and it was $48 with free shipping, so I bit. I just made a batch of marinara. WOW! The All Clad and Cuisinart blenders are not in the same league. The All Clad did a much better job in much less time than the Cuisinart. Quite happy with my purchase.

I ordered this, and used it for the first time today...love it. At 3.5 qt, it's ideal for us.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/77E6BWT5GQ12

It will certainly last my lifetime.:rolleyes:;)
Great pot of soup.
I have two 3.5 qt. Food Network brand enameled Dutch ovens I picked up at Kohl's Black Friday sale. I think I paid about $15 each (after rebate). I make two half size loaves of DO bread and freeze one, as the half size loaf is perfect for the two of us. They have metal handles, but it looks like yours has a phenolic handle. Easily replaced if you want to make bread.

Woo Hoo!! My big one is red (another brand) and I love it too. I'm hoping this smaller one will keep my leftovers under control as my little pot of soup was just right for a hardy dinner and lunch for two.

I have three DOs, and my favorite is a 2QT Le Creuset Dutch oven. Like you said, a small DO is great for preparing a meal for two, or in my case, two meals for one.

CD

I love everything about your new little Dutch oven, Kay! The size, price, and the color.* I'm going to order one. :)

(*I couldn't find a teal color to match it. LOL)

I just noticed that Aldi's has a 3.5 Qt DO on sale next week, for $29.95. It has a metal knob on the top, so it's good to 500°. I don't need any more DOs, but I thought I'd post this, in case anyone has an Aldi nearby, and wanted one of these in between size ones.

My Aldi was out of those, pepperhead. All they had were the big 6 quart ones.

My mini (2? 2 1/2? cup) Cuisinart food processor has been dying for a while now. Finally got to BB&B to get a new one. They had a 4 cup one in stock, plus a few special Easter color 3 cup models. I didn't want the 4 cup one ($60), so I checked out the Easter colors. I ended up getting this limeade 3 cup one for $30...minus 20%...and a $25 gift card from Discover Cash Back points. So...free!

IMG_20190417_205550032_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My Aldi was out of those, pepperhead. All they had were the big 6 quart ones.

My mini (2? 2 1/2? cup) Cuisinart food processor has been dying for a while now. Finally got to BB&B to get a new one. They had a 4 cup one in stock, plus a few special Easter color 3 cup models. I didn't want the 4 cup one ($60), so I checked out the Easter colors. I ended up getting this limeade 3 cup one for $30...minus 20%...and a $25 gift card from Discover Cash Back points. So...free!

View attachment 34445
I have the 4 cup version, which I picked up for less than $30 at the local warehouse club (I think they were discontinuing carrying it). Even though they call it 4 cup, it will only hold about 2 cups of liquid before it goes over the top of the center tube. I'll process things in two smaller batches rather than breaking out the big processor, which is a nuisance to clean.

Back
Top Bottom