Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, don't use any grocery list app. When it comes to shopping, I'm pretty old-school: circle things in the newspaper ad, adding in other items I need to buy; back-of-the-envelope list for other stops/items along my route; etc. Actually, taxy, it's more a case of wanting to go home after I shop at Aldi. :LOL: I know they have small stores, but by the time I drive down there (about 17ish miles), shop, bag, and get back in the car, I just don't want to bother wandering all around Lowe's. And even if I knew exactly where that sandpaper was, I'd still wander around Lowe's. :LOL: Love that store!

Bolded above....that is SO me. :LOL: We have an Albertsons and a Stater Brothers grocery store, and a WalMart...(ugh). Not much else within a hundred miles. Since I despise Walmart and avoid it whenever possible, I use online Jet for TP, paper towels, shampoo, soaps, etc.

We don't have a Lowe's here, but our local Home Depot is definitely one of my favorite wandering stores. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm not looking to polish my cooktop cd (it's probably whatever the cheaper one is - I'm too tired to dig through the owner's manuals to find out exactly which right now), I'm looking to make the bottom surface of the pan smooth enough so that it doesn't scratch the surface. Himself said that pepperhead has the right idea with using silicon carbide sandpaper on the frypan bottom. Now all I have to do is remember to pick some up when I'm near the local hardware or automotive store, or take my butt across the street to Lowe's when I do an Aldi run. Remembering is so hard! :wacko: :LOL:

I guess what I am saying is that those "scratches" may not be scratches, but marks on the surface that you can remove. My ceramic cooktop is 18-years old, and I have used all kinds of cookware on it -- from aluminum to cast iron. It has been used and abused.

I have been pondering this for hours, and just can't come to grasp with sanding down your pan being a solution. I could be wrong, as I often am, but I'm just not seeing that as a solution.

But, go for it. You have nothing to lose. I wish you the best of luck.

CD

I'm so excited!!

View attachment 34956

View attachment 34957

I've been looking for these Japanese Vegetable cutters
for some time now.

View attachment 34958

In the past, I've made my Namasu with a chef's knife,
not a great idea to make the flower shapes.

I've had these in my Amazon cart for awhile. Trying to figure out if I will use them enough.

Joyoldelf Vegetable Cutters Set (20 Pcs), Stainless Steel Fruit and Cookie Cutter Shapes Cheese Presses Mold with Anti-Slip Protection Handle, for DIY Fun Food & Decoration

$12.99

cutters.jpg

Last edited:

Why not? Just think of all fun you will have with them. And in the event you serve a food that didn't turn out quite right, it will look good enough for the family to gobble down. I say go for it! And if there are any complaints, ignore them. You do all the cooking, so just tell them the next time they can cook all the meals.

Everyone deserves to treat themselves every so often.

I guess what I am saying is that those "scratches" may not be scratches, but marks on the surface that you can remove. My ceramic cooktop is 18-years old, and I have used all kinds of cookware on it -- from aluminum to cast iron. It has been used and abused...
I've had two separate issues: metal "skid" marks on the surface, and actual scratches into the glass. I'm going to guess glass by it's appearance -my owner's manual calls the surface "glass-ceramic", so your guess is as good as mine. :LOL: BTW, I found a solution for the metal skid marks, my bottle of Weiman Cook Top sprary. I'm usually so sloppy when I cook that I have to clean the surface with Bar Keeper's Friend, so the Weiman rarely gets used. Thought I'd try it and, Voila! No metal marks. Not much I can do about scratches and pits on the surface of the glass, but I'm trying to avoid more. While I've used all sorts of pans, too, nothing has scratched until I used this All-Clad Pan. And after years of wanting a genuine one, too...:(
I have been pondering this for hours, and just can't come to grasp with sanding down your pan being a solution...
Thank you for your dedication to my problem - you rock! I'm not sure I've pondered it for "hours".

DD and I went to World Market and she picked these for me.

2 Small wood dip/pinch bowls (I will use for prepping small amounts of fresh garlic or other ingredients)

dip_bowl.jpg

1 small spoon (I put my sugar in a pint mason jar. The small spoon makes it easy to add sugar to coffee/tea cup or a pinch to a recipe)

small_spoon.jpg

Set of 3 small scoops (to put in oats, grits, cornmeal containers)

small_scoops.jpg

DD and I went to World Market and she picked these for me.

2 Small wood dip/pinch bowls (I will use for prepping small amounts of fresh garlic or other ingredients)

View attachment 35121

1 small spoon (I put my sugar in a pint mason jar. The small spoon makes it easy to add sugar to coffee/tea cup or a pinch to a recipe)

View attachment 35122

Set of 3 small scoops (to put in oats, grits, cornmeal containers)

View attachment 35123

Lovely gifts. Loving DD. I use a long ice tea spoon to get into my sugar container. It is a small empty coffee container. Pirate even cut a slot in the cover just in case I might be able to lift it with my crippled hands someday. (The eternal hopeful thinker.)

I have a set of three scoops that aren't nearly as pretty as the ones msmofet got. What I like about mine is that they are 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup measures.

I have a set of three scoops that aren't nearly as pretty as the ones msmofet got. What I like about mine is that they are 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup measures.

I just had a "Duh" moment. I have been hunting off and on for the past few days for a set similar to msmofet's scoops. I have been to several sites. Then I see a set of measuring cups with long handles. "DUH" I can use one of them. I have a complete set of measuring cups including matching spoons right down to the "just a dab" measuring spoons. I can use a measuring cup to transfer the sugar from the too heavy bag for me of sugar, to the little canister I have to put my sugar in.

Back
Top Bottom