"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 05-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Master Chef

I am so furious I could scream. I ordered mine from Chef's catalog, a source I've used often. I decided, based on the colors they showed, to go with "Cashew" which, by the color sample was as close as the color of the floor (medium to dark brown) as their samples came. For those of you who care to, pick up the catalog or look on line, it is the darkest color they offer. They are just one shade up from white!. A very light khaki. Yeah, close in color to the very inside of a not very aged cashew, but nowhere even near the color shown in the catalog or on line. I have Khaki pants that are darker. So I called. To send them back I have to drive to the nearest town that has a FedEx store. Can't I call and have them pick it up? No, only if you want to pay for shipping. Do I want to keep these? You tell me. I wouldn't have white carpet in my living room. My husband stepped on it (inside slippers) and left footprints. I really, really am furious. This was a splurge for us, and I now own a couple of rugs that you can't step on without leaving dirty footprints ... when you haven't even been outside. Now I have a choice of keeping rugs that need to be washed daily, taking a day and driving to the nearest FedEx center, or paying to return them.

Yeah, I'm a little bit angry.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I am so furious I could scream. I ordered mine from Chef's catalog, a source I've used often. I decided, based on the colors they showed, to go with "Cashew" which, by the color sample was as close as the color of the floor (medium to dark brown) as their samples came. For those of you who care to, pick up the catalog or look on line, it is the darkest color they offer. They are just one shade up from white!. A very light khaki. Yeah, close in color to the very inside of a not very aged cashew, but nowhere even near the color shown in the catalog or on line. I have Khaki pants that are darker. So I called. To send them back I have to drive to the nearest town that has a FedEx store. Can't I call and have them pick it up? No, only if you want to pay for shipping. Do I want to keep these? You tell me. I wouldn't have white carpet in my living room. My husband stepped on it (inside slippers) and left footprints. I really, really am furious. This was a splurge for us, and I now own a couple of rugs that you can't step on without leaving dirty footprints ... when you haven't even been outside. Now I have a choice of keeping rugs that need to be washed daily, taking a day and driving to the nearest FedEx center, or paying to return them.

Yeah, I'm a little bit angry.
Children, Auntie Claire has left the building...

Breathe, breathe...

Half full, half full...the glass is half full!

Is it the same amount of money to drive to town as it is to have them pick it up? Is the difference enough to make a difference (you know what I mean!)

A nice day out, with lunch or stay at home with Rosebud.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I would be too! It hurts to clean floors!

I'd take it to FedEx and get a refund. If you keep it, it will make you mad every time you see it. Skip the stress.

Use the refund to buy from someone else since they don't have a color dark enough. You might want to call the new company's customer service to verify color.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #14
Executive Chef

You can buy GelPro, Imprint, and generic cushioned floormats in store, or on line at Bed, Bath, & All that Other Stuff.

You can also find a variety of kitchen mats at Target, either in store or on line. I bought my memory foam type kitchen mats at Target, and I am consdiering buying an outdoor one for in front of the barbacue. I really don't need the Gel Pro because my house is all hard floors, either hardwood or ceramic tile, and I need to wear anti-fatigue shoes around the house all the time or my feet and legs just start aching.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
Master Chef

Thank you, Fiona. I often think of an old Seinfeld show; Serenity now, Serenity now.. Obviously I'm not as angry as I was when I opened the package, and my husband has decided it is worth a drive to Dubuque to evade the return postage. And, no, no store in Dubuque sells them, we looked before ordering. I will look at other sources before starting again. I really DO need new kitchen rugs! It is the .. well, primary, for me, problem with small town liviing. I always did a lot of catalog shopping (yes, even before the internet).

Serenity now, Serenity now. Rosebud seems to love us best when we are on the computer. Serenity now, serenity now. Tomorrow's job is go to Dubuque and send the rugs back. Serenity now. I needed my husband to look at larger crates for Rosebud. Serenity now.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #16
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Thank you, Fiona. I often think of an old Seinfeld show; Serenity now, Serenity now.. Obviously I'm not as angry as I was when I opened the package, and my husband has decided it is worth a drive to Dubuque to evade the return postage. And, no, no store in Dubuque sells them, we looked before ordering. I will look at other sources before starting again. I really DO need new kitchen rugs! It is the .. well, primary, for me, problem with small town liviing. I always did a lot of catalog shopping (yes, even before the internet).

Serenity now, Serenity now. Rosebud seems to love us best when we are on the computer. Serenity now, serenity now. Tomorrow's job is go to Dubuque and send the rugs back. Serenity now. I needed my husband to look at larger crates for Rosebud. Serenity now.
I just try to be mindful of how much I hated it when I garnered the ire of customers over policies written by corporate. That and my little episode in January has encouraged me to have perspective at all the irritations in life.

Now you have a tote beast um...willing helper, to go get the new crate. And company on the drive.

Tags
kitchen