Kitchen utensils-what could you not live without?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know where I'd be without my banana slicer...
55ffebd42000002500242aa6.jpeg

Another reason for unglazed tiled in the oven is so the hot tiles can wick away moisture from the cooking crust.

I don't think I could give any up. I love them all. Honestly I am freak about appliances. I can't walk pass kitchen store. Love all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

After my mom passed I was clearing out and packing up her things I noticed that ALL her cast iron and ALL her depression glass had disappeared along with other valuables. She had "friends" and a sister that would visit and I can't prove they helped themselves to her things or talked her out of them but that stuff didn't walk away on their own.

I feel for you, Msmofet.........none of the 4 of us siblings ever thought that our sister would do what she did after our dad died......but she did........she took everything and then to heap abuse tried to malign our names on top of it (she did everything for him and no one helped was her mantra).....well she didn't get away with it........I made sure of it.........my aunt who was the matriarch of the family told her that to honor your mother and father didn't mean they owed you a salary........blew her away and left her speechless from what I understand...........it is what it is......but I know how you feel

Well, I could live without it, but it is scary as heck. I'm worried about all my microplane graters, they have a habit of taking off a kiss from my knuckles periodically. This one is also particularly scary, though it will change your flank steak to sirloin given the correct marinade.

Microplane Meat Tenderizer

Yeah, I'd have to say my knives as well.

That's a neat looking tenderizer, Foxy, I'm sure I saw something like that on a cooking show years and years ago.

The other one I saw just the other day with Martha Steward - worked like a push stamp. She was using it to pierce the duck skin for rendering.

Well, I could live without it, but it is scary as heck. I'm worried about all my microplane graters, they have a habit of taking off a kiss from my knuckles periodically. This one is also particularly scary, though it will change your flank steak to sirloin given the correct marinade.

I just bought one of these recently but haven't used it yet.

You need a pair of these GLOVES. I use them with my Microplanes and with my mandoline.

My set of knives and mezzalune. Really, though, I can't do without any of it. I consider my set of measuring beakers vital, but are they essential? You can roll pastry out with a glass bottle, but what would we do without pans and casserole dishes? So I'm stuck on this one. I'd have to keep everything!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Back
Top Bottom