Kitchen utensils-what could you not live without?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My hand mandolin. It slices onions so thin, you can almost read a newspaper through a piece of cheesecloth. I do have to use the piece of safety cover though. That blade is ultra sharp. :angel:

can `i ask which brand you use, Addie........cause `i'm looking for a good one and the cost is not a factor......`i have arthritis and need a reliable utensil........thanks for replying......```````:)

A good can opener, I even use it on cans with pop tops. It's the OXO that removes instead of cuts the can.

can `i ask which brand you use, Addie........cause `i'm looking for a good one and the cost is not a factor......`i have arthritis and need a reliable utensil........thanks for replying......```````:)

My pleasure. It is an Oxo.

https://www.oxo.com/products/preparing/graters-cheese-slicers/hand-held-mandoline-slicer

The handle tilts down so that if you are holding it in your hand, You can create any angle your choose. Or you can use it over a bowl. The pusher has curved sides to grab the slicer and upward curved ends to protect your fingers. And it is inexpensive. :angel:

One thing???? NOOOOO!! But but what about my 300 cookie cutter, I need them I dont have addiction, I can stop any time I want but I dont want too......

Anyway, so long as I have a wooden spoon, a bowl, a fork, a sauté pan, a sharp knife, cutting board and a whisk I am fine. All I need to be happy in a kitchen..... even though I love my cookie cutters...

Paint scraper. Yes....I use this mostly when cooking in cast iron or roasting in the oven. It is great for dislodging food from the bottom without losing that nice crispy coating that has formed on the bottom. Ideal for homefries, roast chicken, breaded items on baking sheets, cookies, etc...pick one up. I'm sure you will use it more than you think..
images
Z
Z

What a scary thread. :ohmy: Having nightmares just thinking about this.

Guess I could make do with just about anything needed to cook but not my 3 bookcases of recipes and my laptop recipe file.

Can those be considered utensils?

dragnlaw: No dear, those are part of you, just an extension of you. It your brains back up files so they dont count.

What a scary thread. :ohmy: Having nightmares just thinking about this.

Guess I could make do with just about anything needed to cook but not my 3 bookcases of recipes and my laptop recipe file.

Can those be considered utensils?
\\guess `i should have included utilitarian in addition to utensils....`i could exist without my 3 bibles of great recipes....and these were before the advent of the internet.....:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom