"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 01-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
Sous Chef

After coveting LC pots for many I bought my first piece last summer at HomeGoods. A big 8 qt. French oven (Dutch Oven) for half the price I saw at the high end kitchen store at the mall. I love it and use it constantly. So much so that it's permently parked on my stovetop. I've seen them at TJ Maxx as well. It's a hit and miss thing. Every once in awhile they'll get a big shipment with a decent selection.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by black chef View Post
ok, so where is the Le Creuset outlet store?
Try outletbound.com

You get the best savings at the outlet when you sign up on their preferred customer list--they'll mail you coupons for 30% off specials, extra % off oncloseouts and they have a big sale in the fall.
You can also try looking for LC in places like Marshalls, TJMaxx, HomeGoods (discount/seconds stores), but those pieces always seemed pretty banged up to me, but the ones in the outlet are pretty near perfect.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #13
Executive Chef

If your really lucky you might find some at a garage sale,estate sale or thrift store. Not everybody knows what it is.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
Senior Cook

I too have seen them at TJ Maxx, Marshall's & HomeGoods for a lot less than the suggested retail price. Sometimes you can find pieces at your local Salvation Army or Rescue Mission Thrift stores. I found one at the Salvation Army thrift store in Ft. Lauderdale for $5 & it looked brand new.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm like PytnPlace. My Le Creuset Dutch ovens are permanently on my stove. They get used ALL the time. This weekend I made a fabulous batch of French onion soup per Cook's Illustrated and don't think I'd have had the great results I had if I'd used anything other than my Le Creuset. Used my little LC skillet for this morning's pork sausage at breakfast time.

I, too, never pay full retail for my pieces. I bought my little skillet for 99 cents at one of eBay's "last minute" auctions. After shipping, I think it was less than $10. How great is that?!

IMO this cookware is 100% worth the price. I am trying to figure out what I want to buy next.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #16
Sous Chef

The ones that I've seen at TJMaxx and Homegoods have looked very nice. The one I got at Home Goods looked great. I wouldn't buy it if it was banged up.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #17
Master Chef

In all the truth it is all those kapitalist pigs stealing from us poor proletarians, bloodsuckers.

It is a wonderfull product and ususally sold in upscale stores so they can charge whatever the heck they want, why not. People are paying, might as well charge more. Just like anything else there. But if you search the internet you can find at pretty reasonable price.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #18
Head Chef

I coveted after a LC dutch oven for YEARS, last year I finally got a nice dutch oven and a few other pieces - on ebay of all places. I got a 5 quart flame dutch oven for $80, and it is like new.

There is a LC outlet south of Chicago in Indiana, I forget the town it is in,but it is between Indy and Chicago. There may be other LC outlets, not sure. Also, the Pottery Barn Outlet near my house carries outlet good from William Sonoma and I've seen LC in there also.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
I'm like PytnPlace. My Le Creuset Dutch ovens are permanently on my stove. They get used ALL the time. This weekend I made a fabulous batch of French onion soup per Cook's Illustrated and don't think I'd have had the great results I had if I'd used anything other than my Le Creuset. Used my little LC skillet for this morning's pork sausage at breakfast time.

I, too, never pay full retail for my pieces. I bought my little skillet for 99 cents at one of eBay's "last minute" auctions. After shipping, I think it was less than $10. How great is that?!

IMO this cookware is 100% worth the price. I am trying to figure out what I want to buy next.
Katie, I'm with you and PytnPlace, All of my LC is out where I can see it (the shelves are groaning, lol!)! It is so beautiful, I can't imagine hiding it away when it's not in use!

Tuesday Morning is another seconds/discount store that carries LC, btw.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #20
Master Chef

Have yet to see them at our Tuesday Morning but I know the girls who work there and will use my charm on them to let me know when they think some might be coming in----I've gotten some fabulous discount high end items there...unfortunately I will be leaving on the 24th for another round of cold blast weather.........can't wait........