"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 02-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #51
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
All the Le Creuset prices I've seen are almost twice those of the analogous Lodge products. Is there a cheaper line of Le Crueset? I may be thinking of Chantal, but I too seem to recall there being a line of enameled cast iron made in China that was around the same price as Lodge's imported, enameled stuff.
That isn't Chantal! Chantal is enamel coated carbon steel, not cast iron.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #52
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
ChefJune,
I've seen the stuff DrThunder88 is referring to in some Home Goods stores. It is enameled cast iron. BTW, I've seen also Chantal and LeCreuset enameled steel stuff... mostly their big tall pans.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #53
Senior Cook

Cool Alternatives & Price Cuts & Outlet Stores

We've been fortunate enough to have been given 2 Le Creuset pieces as gifts. We bought our 7-1/2 qt dutch oven on sale at a Great Indoors which was shutting its doors. Finally, we added a large stock pot available at Tuesday Morning - and it comes with full warranty, not a factory second like many/most items at Ross/Marshalls/TJMaxx.

And now, coming to our area at the end of March, none other than a Le Creuset outlet store. I can't wait for that.

Also, competition for Le Creuset has been "heating" up, with competitors such as Calphalon and a few others stepping into the game. I would look for the prices of this cookware to come down in the near future.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #54
Assistant Cook

Senior cookware is made in CHINA

I was just at IKEA yesterday and the Senior cookware that I found is blue and it is marked Made in China very clearly on the bottom. I also don't think the interior is enamel - if it is, it's a very rough enamel - not what I wanted at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
My additional two cents LOL:
IKEA sells enameled cast iron cookware, it is a line called SENIOR. This cookware is made in France (light green with black interior), prices are about 1/3 or less of similar LeC pieces.