Looking for food service wet wipes for hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I'm looking for some "wet wipes" type of a product that allows you to clean your hands when a sink isn't available... but a product that is meant to be used when you are handling food. So, no harsh scents or chemicals or anti-bacterial nonsense... basically something equivalent to a damp paper towel, but pre-moistened.

Does something like this exist and where can I buy it?

Last edited:
Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club should have those wipes that restaurants give you for when you are eating a messy meal like lobster. You can buy them by the box. Although they may have them in smaller amounts. Also look for baby wipes. Same thing.

Amazon offers a large selection. Just search 'hand wipes' or 'baby wipes.' :angel:

Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club should have those wipes that restaurants give you for when you are eating a messy meal like lobster. You can buy them by the box. Although they may have them in smaller amounts. Also look for baby wipes. Same thing.

Amazon offers a large selection. Just search 'hand wipes' or 'baby wipes.' :angel:
The ones they give you in restaurants are usually scented.

We get ones for the boat at our local grocery store. (Zehrs). They are nothing but water and lemon juice. And they are great in the car for cleaning the glass....lol.

This thread reminded me of my Mother!

Mom always seemed to have a zip lock bag with a wet washcloth in her purse.

She was always on the lookout for a sticky kid that needed a quick wipe! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Crakin, years ago my daughter made something at an arts/crafts thing for me in my shop. they took the Heavy duty paper towels (Brawny maybe?), cut them in half, took a tupperware type container that they would fit and cut a small hole in the top. Took out the paper roll and then they would pull out the center. I can't remember what they put on it, but it seemed like to had alcohol in it to keep them from molding. You probably can find something on the internet, if you are feeling crafty.

If they exist a restaurant/caterer supply store will have them. Grocery stores here where I live have wet wipes in pull out containers stationed at the grocery basket area to wipe ones hands and/or the handle of the shopping cart.

Back
Top Bottom