MegaWare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Space Cowboy

Assistant Cook
My wife cooks a lot. And its good food. Very very good. She had a skillet, a Megaware 11.5 inch Gas/Electric/Induction skillet. She found it at a second-hand store she tells me, and I had no idea how attached she was to it, until the handle gave out on her. She told me to fix it, and its not going to happen. Bolts are stripped, plastic is broken. The item can no longer continue with the handle it came with. I'm not kidding here. We're not kids, she's had three pantry bandits and is as steady as stone, but she spoke in long-suffering martyr-type terms about me not being able to fix this handle. Logic says, find the damn thing on E-Bay and get a new one. No Joy. Either it is no longer manufactured, or they are hording them somewhere deep in the heart of Spain, the nation stamped on the bottom of this thing.

Help.

If you folks can suggest either a place where I can find the 11.5 diameter, 2 inch deep Megaware skillet, or a replacement, I Am Doomed.

Last edited:
I'm having a little bit of a challenge posting the pix I just took. The base has, on the edge, 'Gas Electric, Induction'. She's telling me, 'don't be silly, I'll go and hit the Salvation Army again'. Apparently the angle of the the side has some magical qualities as well. Heat surface base would be something like 8.75 inches, maybe a little less. Give me a little time the best way to post pix. I certainly appreciate the quick response.

IMG_3140_zpshs1ivyaq.jpg%7Ec100
IMG_3139_zpsf5k8igm8.jpg%7Ec100
Hopefully you can click on this and get it to a reasonable size.

Last edited:
I found this. It's about the only one that really seems to have a frying pan. I don't know if it's anything like the one she wants, but here's the link:

Megaware pans

I see you posted while I was looking. I don't think that these are like that. By the way, the photos aren't clickable.

Last edited:
Rick,

Thanks for the input, sorry about the pix. If you come across anything, please let me know. Meanwhile, in searching for more options, I came across the Padermo carbon steel 12 inch frying pan. Its a little bigger, while actually being more shallow, if I'm reading the dimensions right. Not outrageously priced, at Overstock. I certainly don't expect anyone to know about this particular skillet, but perhaps some insight into carbon steel. The reviews of it are rhapsodic at Amazon.

Megaware

11n5inFryPanBlue.jpg
I ran across your post looking for an answer about another pan in this set. I have the one you are looking for and also in looking for my answer, that I didn't find, I found where I do believe you can get another for your wife, although it may not be the made in Spain one it is of the Heavy Gauge Steel
Teflon® Non-Stick Interior Porcelain Enamel Exterior
It is under Maxima and seems Megaware filed and received a trademark on it years ago but did not respond back maybe because of something to do with imports from Spain becoming to costly, Im not sure. I read that Megaware LLC produces Megaware cookware, but it is actually owned and sold by Hertiage Mint. But also read that Megaware is a Parent company of Hertiage or something to that sort. Anyway I love mine. And one of mine feels the same but does not have Spain on it or anything else for that matter except Megaware, the reason for my hunt, and a newer stove... I am not so sure on this cut copy paste stuff, but Im going to try.... Heritage Mint, Ltd. - MAXIMA 11.5" Open Fry Pan - Blue - Z56005
heritagemint.com/Z56006.html
MAXIMA
11.5" Open Fry Pan - Blue

Item# Z56006

It also looks like they scrubbed the entire website, including the cooking.com recipe section. I think I've save the link to a couple of recipes there. :huh: If so, guess I won't be making those. Then again, that could be a good thing. I have more recipes saved than days left in my life...even if I'm still cooking into my 90s. :LOL:

Was it this month that Chef's went out of business? Because I ordered a set of measuring spoons from them at Christmas and my measuring cups are from them as well.

I love my measuring spoons and cups - there's 9 measuring spoons and 8 measuring cups. And I use every one of them.

Last edited:
I found this. It's about the only one that really seems to have a frying pan. I don't know if it's anything like the one she wants, but here's the link:

Megaware pans

Did you check the link posted in this thread?

Seems like a pretty reasonable price for a nice brand new pan and it comes from Amazon so you are all guaranteed in case you need to return.

Click on the "CHEF" link, rr. The page explains all the "If you ordered" and "If you have a gift card" stuff. Good luck.

Oh, I've already got them. They were all sent before Christmas. I had just planned to order another set for my mom for her birthday. Looks like I won't be doing that now, will I? *sigh*

Oh, I've already got them. They were all sent before Christmas. I had just planned to order another set for my mom for her birthday. Looks like I won't be doing that now, will I? *sigh*

I know exactly what measuring cups you are looking for, I have them myself. Amazon has comparable sets, search using key words "metal measuring cups". I saw several sets that are close to the Chef's sets. One company name I recognized as good quality was "RSVP".

Thanks, I'll have to look for that. I just have this obsession with having a measuring cup or spoon for every measurement there can be. Would you believe it? Nine measuring spoons in this set and they didn't have a 1/3 teaspoon. And I've had to use that measurement twice this week alone. Only me!

Back
Top Bottom