"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 11-17-2004, 11:25 AM   #11
Sous Chef

I did a google search and there were a few companies that made copper inserts, (Old Dutch was one) that had them at a price that would work for me, but they were discontinued. Maybe everyone wants to sell the bowls rather than the inserts since the bowls are more expensive, but I can't justify the cost for my limited usage. I do successfully get the egg whites whipped with the stainless steel bowl, it's just more effort.

Old 11-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #12
Head Chef

Choclatchef, stainless bowls are really fine, but they lose heat/cold too quickly for me, that's all. I'm just partial to pyrex for everyday and cooper for the candy stuff...

Old 11-17-2004, 03:30 PM   #13

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEDW:IT

I don't know how to upload photos....duh! But I thought you would like to see what a copper Kitchenaid 5 qt mixer bowl looked like.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:05 PM   #14

I forgot to tell you guys some other information I obtained from Bridge Kitchenware. Oldsheimzer's diease got me again.

They told me in an email, they are working to get copper bowls for the 6 qt Kitchenaid mixer within the next year, but as I said before -- they will not carry anymore 5 qt bowls.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:56 PM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclatechef
They told me in an email, they are working to get copper bowls for the 6 qt Kitchenaid mixer within the next year.
Really? Well isn't that handy info to have! Thanks for the background work once more, choclatechef!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:03 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to pst1can
Otter...the more bowls the better....especially if you are baking more items or preparing different dishes.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:40 PM   #17

I just had to bump this thread up to say..............I got my copper and brass kitchenaid mixer bowl today!!!!!!

I want to tell you that it is truly the bomb! It was in the scratch and dent section of the store, but there isn't a scratch, dent, or mar on it anywhere!

It is of thicker copper than the the heavy duty stainless steel kitchenaid mixer bowls. It is a heavy, quality piece of equipment.

And I am very pleased with the fact that I got it for 1/3 off the regular price!!!!!

I could not be more happy.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:16 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to pst1can
I am truly jealous choclatechef....copper bowls....still dreaming....Pst :D
Old 11-30-2004, 06:58 PM   #19

There may be one or two left pst1can! Maybe you can get it for yourself for Christmas!

Here is an email address for Bridge Kitchenware .bridge@ix.netcom.com . Just email them.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:54 AM   #20
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclatechef
I just had to bump this thread up to say..............I got my copper and brass kitchenaid mixer bowl today!!!!!!

I want to tell you that it is truly the bomb! It was in the scratch and dent section of the store, but there isn't a scratch, dent, or mar on it anywhere!

It is of thicker copper than the the heavy duty stainless steel kitchenaid mixer bowls. It is a heavy, quality piece of equipment.

And I am very pleased with the fact that I got it for 1/3 off the regular price!!!!!

I could not be more happy.
Are you sure it is a KA? Below is the email I got back when I questioned them on copper mixing bowls:

Thank you for visiting the KitchenAid website! We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

KitchenAid does not recommend using copper bowls or copper bowl inserts with our products. KitchenAid does not manufacture the product, therefore we cannot guarantee the product will meet our standards. Also, because we do not manufacture the product, it may cause damage to your mixer unit. As a result, using these products will void the warranty. In addition, some copper compounds can be toxic if not used and/or cleaned properly.

Because we do not recommend that copper products be used with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, we do not provide information as to where they can be purchased.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our KitchenAid Customer Satisfaction Center at 800-541-6390. Our hours are 8am to 8pm Monday-Friday and 10am to 5pm(EST) on Saturday.