Mixer bowls...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otter

Sous Chef
I'm just starting to do a bit more baking. Yesterday I was doing a cheesecake recipe and there where three separate mixing processes (1. cream cheese and chocolate, 2. egg whites and 3. whipping cream). It turned into a bit of a fire drill cleaning the bowl fast enough between mixes. Is it worthwhile to buy a second bowl, or is this recipe just a multi-bowl rarity?

I have always believed it is better to have 2 bowls for my mixer! :shock:

As a matter of fact, I have 3. Two are the heavier stainless steel bowls, and the thinner stainless steel bowl has a copper insert for whipping egg whites.

choclatechef said:
I have always believed it is better to have 2 bowls for my mixer! :shock:

As a matter of fact, I have 3. Two are the heavier stainless steel bowls, and the thinner stainless steel bowl has a copper insert for whipping egg whites.
Does KitchenAid have a copper insert available? I know copper is best for whipping egg whites.

They used to have the copper bowl inserts for the 4 1/2 qt and the 5 qt bowls. They weren't made by Kitchenaid, but some other company and they are discontinued.

Some companies may still have some in stock. I saw the 4 1/2 qt copper liners here: http://fantes.com/mixer_accessories.htm

I bought my 5 qt copper liner about 7 years ago from this company: European Kitchen Bazaar 1-800-225-0760 pob 4099 Waterbury CT 06704

Who knows....they may still have a couple.

Did you try European Kitchen Bazaar?

I remember the company who used to make them -- The Bridge Corporation. Maybe they still do. I don't know.

I love copper bowls. You can whip up whites as quickly by hand as some mixers can accomplish, and they're so versatile for syrups and candies, as well. Unfortunately, they're about as much as some mortgage payments in cost! I have a few, gratefully inherited. But I have several pyrex versions that I couldn't exist without on a day to day basis!

Love pyrex, too!

But you can take my share of steel ones.....

I like pyrex, stainless steel, and copper bowls.

Why don't you like stainless steel bowls Audeo?

Edited to say:
I have some emails in to various places, and posted a request for information on the Kitchenaid forum for you Otter! I will let you know if I hear the copper bowl inserts are still available.

I got ahold of Bridge Kitchenware. They did not have copper inserts for 5 qt mixers -- the actually had heavy copper bowls with brass handles! I am checking to see if they have any left, since they are discontinued.

They have two left! They are scratch and dent left-overs. They were originally $185 plus shipping. I am buying one of them for $127.50 shipping included! Here is the email address: s.bridge@ix.netcom.com

I saw one on Ebay a few weeks ago, but it went for about $120 plus shipping!

What did European Kitchen Bazaar say on the copper insert? I have their old catalog here.

I did a google search and there were a few companies that made copper inserts, (Old Dutch was one) that had them at a price that would work for me, but they were discontinued. Maybe everyone wants to sell the bowls rather than the inserts since the bowls are more expensive, but I can't justify the cost for my limited usage. I do successfully get the egg whites whipped with the stainless steel bowl, it's just more effort.

Choclatchef, stainless bowls are really fine, but they lose heat/cold too quickly for me, that's all. I'm just partial to pyrex for everyday and cooper for the candy stuff...

I forgot to tell you guys some other information I obtained from Bridge Kitchenware. Oldsheimzer's diease got me again.

They told me in an email, they are working to get copper bowls for the 6 qt Kitchenaid mixer within the next year, but as I said before -- they will not carry anymore 5 qt bowls.

choclatechef said:
They told me in an email, they are working to get copper bowls for the 6 qt Kitchenaid mixer within the next year.

Really? Well isn't that handy info to have! Thanks for the background work once more, choclatechef!

I just had to bump this thread up to say..............I got my copper and brass kitchenaid mixer bowl today!!!!!!

I want to tell you that it is truly the bomb! It was in the scratch and dent section of the store, but there isn't a scratch, dent, or mar on it anywhere!

It is of thicker copper than the the heavy duty stainless steel kitchenaid mixer bowls. It is a heavy, quality piece of equipment.

And I am very pleased with the fact that I got it for 1/3 off the regular price!!!!!

I could not be more happy. :LOL:

There may be one or two left pst1can! Maybe you can get it for yourself for Christmas!

Here is an email address for Bridge Kitchenware .bridge@ix.netcom.com . Just email them.

choclatechef said:
I just had to bump this thread up to say..............I got my copper and brass kitchenaid mixer bowl today!!!!!!

I want to tell you that it is truly the bomb! It was in the scratch and dent section of the store, but there isn't a scratch, dent, or mar on it anywhere!

It is of thicker copper than the the heavy duty stainless steel kitchenaid mixer bowls. It is a heavy, quality piece of equipment.

And I am very pleased with the fact that I got it for 1/3 off the regular price!!!!!

I could not be more happy. :LOL:
Are you sure it is a KA? Below is the email I got back when I questioned them on copper mixing bowls:

Thank you for visiting the KitchenAid website! We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

KitchenAid does not recommend using copper bowls or copper bowl inserts with our products. KitchenAid does not manufacture the product, therefore we cannot guarantee the product will meet our standards. Also, because we do not manufacture the product, it may cause damage to your mixer unit. As a result, using these products will void the warranty. In addition, some copper compounds can be toxic if not used and/or cleaned properly.

Because we do not recommend that copper products be used with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, we do not provide information as to where they can be purchased.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our KitchenAid Customer Satisfaction Center at 800-541-6390. Our hours are 8am to 8pm Monday-Friday and 10am to 5pm(EST) on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom