"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 12-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

So Larry, if Johnnys is never heard of again on DC, and you start making incredible pizza in a wood-fired oven, should we put 2+2 together?

Old 12-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
So Larry, if Johnnys is never heard of again on DC, and you start making incredible pizza in a wood-fired oven, should we put 2+2 together?
Im in

Ive been contemplating putting an outside Pizza Brick oven just off the patio. Just dont think I'd use it enough to justify the price. but I'm tempted so one day!

Old 12-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_stewart View Post
Im in

Ive been contemplating putting an outside Pizza Brick oven just off the patio. Just dont think I'd use it enough to justify the price. but I'm tempted so one day!
Ha-ha. A friend of mine build a pizza brick oven on their patio. He's an architect, so maybe that helped. I so want to build one at the farm...
Old 12-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #14
Master Chef

Even if you don't use it as aften, building it is the fun part and it's a great conversation piece. Or light a few pieces of logs for ambiance....
Old 12-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Even if you don't use it as often, building it is the fun part and it's a great conversation piece. Or light a few pieces of logs for ambiance....
RF.......I LOVE the one you built in your backyard sometime ago. While it speaks well of your genuine modesty you really should post some pictures of yours for those who haven't seen what a great job you did.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #16
Senior Cook

I could definitely justify the price. I'd eat freshly-made pizza every day!
Old 12-17-2014, 12:17 AM   #17
Head Chef

I bet more and more homes are starting to have these included in the build plans, just guessing. I say that because those ovens look as if they'd go as well in a home as they would in a restaurant.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:56 AM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
I could definitely justify the price. I'd eat freshly-made pizza every day!
Thats a lot of pizza
Old 12-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #19
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_stewart View Post
Thats a lot of pizza
Oh yes, but there's so many topping combinations that a person would never get bored!

When I make pizza dough, I always make a double (or triple, or quadruple!) batch so I can freeze the excess. My intention is to have a stock of dough in the freezer... but it usually just ends in us eating pizza every day until it's gone.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:11 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Last year, thinking I would love it, The Pirate bought a pizza from Santarpio's with extra, extra cheese. There was so much cheese, that the oil from it was in pools on top of the pizza. It was delicious and as I was on my second piece, came the oh,oh moment. All that oil set off a gall bladder attack and I ended up in the hospital. I was there overnight. But while I was still in the ER, I had to cough. And lo and behold, the stone that was doing the blocking of the duct came loose. If I had known that, I would have coughed my head off. I will have to remember that trick for the next attack.

But I still eat pizza any chance I get. I just don't get it with extra cheese. Unfortunately, three slices is about all my tummy will take before I feel to full to eat anymore. But a cold slice in the morning for breakfast has always been my way of not wasting food.

Tags
oven, pizza