"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 12-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

My most precious tool - Pizza oven

Hey everyone!

I am about to realize a dream with a friend of mine. We bought a pizza restaurant in Sweden in a central spot. It was in a really bad shape so we are refurnishing the whole place.
However we cant get along of which type of pizza oven we want to use. We have the space for both solutions linked below. But what we want to hear from you is your opinions of the pizza oven visuals. Do you prefer the baked-in type or the more calzone-looking type? :) (Please just base it on the visuals).

Please give us some feedback!

Old 12-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnys View Post
However we cant get along of which type of pizza oven we want to use. We have the space for both solutions linked below. But what we want to hear from you is your opinions of the pizza oven visuals.
They are both nice and create a stunning visual. I, myself, prefer the domed one (first pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnys View Post
Do you prefer the baked-in type or the more calzone-looking type? :) (Please just base it on the visuals).

I have no idea what you mean by "baked-in" pizza and can't figure out what a calzone-looking pizza would be. A calzone is basically an inside out pizza which looks nothing like a regular pizza.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

It would make more sense to make that decision based on the characteristics of the pizza you want to make, the cost of the oven, and the space you have available to place it. Why are you asking a group of strangers, most of whom live in the U.S., to vote on which type of business equipment you should buy?
Old 12-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

I would go with the less expensive one. Although the domed one will allow the customer to see his pizza baking. Although a lot of your heat will be going out into the room. The opening is larger. Which one has the larger floor space aside from the part used for the fire? You want to be able to cook as many pizzas as possible if you should get really busy.

The domed one has eye appeal. The brick one is more economical in the amount of fuel used. Thinking ahead into the future, I would go with the brick wall.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I would go with the less expensive one. Although the domed one will allow the customer to see his pizza baking. Although a lot of your heat will be going out into the room. The opening is larger. Which one has the larger floor space aside from the part used for the fire? You want to be able to cook as many pizzas as possible if you should get really busy.

The domed one has eye appeal. The brick one is more economical in the amount of fuel used. Thinking ahead into the future, I would go with the brick wall.
The fire box in the brick oven owned by a local bakery is underneath the floor of the oven opening. So it doesn't give the oven a larger footprint.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
Master Chef

The one with the dome top is most impressive, I would be too lazy to keep it clean.

I would go with the second option!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #7
Executive Chef

I am just very impressed with your venture. No matter the choice, good luck with the new restaurant.
Sweden is a great place for a warm inviting oven like pictured in the top photo.
Both look inviting.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #8
Master Chef

Good luck whichever style you choose.
If your oven is going to be your visual centerpiece I like the pompeii with the domed exterior. Are you going to be burning wood or gas?
Old 12-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome to DC! I recall eating mediocre pizza in Stockholm. Where? No clue. There was a local (Ottawa, ON) pizza place that made amazing gourmet pizzas. I so miss Nick's tiger shrimp, brie cheese, mango, and almond pizza drizzled with his house-special seasoned olive oil.

I personally like the first photo, but would want to pick the one that served the purpose for which it is being purchased, is easier to maintain, clean, and requires less fuel. Also, which one suits the rest of the décor.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
Head Chef

If going strictly by looks, the Domed one would probably be more of a conversation piece.

That being said, the First one looks more rustic, the second one looks a little more elegant.

I would kill for either.

Tags
oven, pizza