"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 05-14-2015, 10:18 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Going to build a ramp and step up all around the cabinets so I can reach the counter while cooking.
So now you know how I feel. 4'7" makes it difficult for me to even reach the bottom shelves in the upper cabinets. I can't even reach the back of the counters when I am wiping them down. And that goes for the stove also. I do have a little stool with a hole for a handle in the middle of it. It does make is easier for me when I get into one of the cleaning moods. The stool is light enough so that I can kick it around from spot to spot.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

My new cooking tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
What is it about the length of lady's pants? I have long legs for my 5'4". When I am my right weight, all trousers have legs that are too long. When I'm overweight, I find trousers that are the right length.

Stirling is 6 feet tall. We have the same inseam in jeans.

DH is 6'1", I'm 5'9". My pants inseam is 3" longer than his. I use some of his old jeans for gardening pants, they're high water on me.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
What is it about the length of lady's pants? I have long legs for my 5'4". When I am my right weight, all trousers have legs that are too long. When I'm overweight, I find trousers that are the right length.

Stirling is 6 feet tall. We have the same inseam in jeans.
TaxiLady when I was overweight, my legs never put weight on. They were always very thin. Now my right leg is a bit bigger than my left. Due to all the problems when I had the ulcer on it.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Taxi, my guess is I'd be 6 foot with the right legs...
Kayelle, you might want to trade legs with me. I have "dancer's legs". At my tallest, I was 5' 6 1/2". Down to 5' 5", but then the nurse didn't say she was measuring my height. My leg length? 33 inches! My "center of gravity" is definitely above my center.

When I drive a car, I have to raise the seat base to its highest setting, but the front-to-back distance is just a little forward of where Himself sets it for himself. The funniest, though, is when I stand up from sitting on a bar stool...I'm barely taller than when sitting.

I used to have trouble getting a dress to fit - back when I actually wore one. The bodice part always bunched. When a saleswoman told me I needed to shop for dresses in the "petite" department, I looked at her as if she had two heads. She was right, though. Who woulda guessed?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Today when I got up, I grabbed an old beach dress that I love. It has two pockets. I haven't worn it in a long time. I put it on and it was down to my ankles. It used to fit me perfectly. I have lost so much weight, that nothing fits me any more. My slacks "just" fit. If I lose anymore, they will start to fall down.

When I first got married, we were going away for a vacation. My husband went out to buy me a dress. Surprisingly, he came back with one that I loved. And it was a perfect fit. He found it in the preteen department. A children's size 14.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #36
Master Chef

Thanks for all the interesting responses. We all sure have our leg issues.

I just wish I could get that stool to the height I want and be able to launch my not so lovely arse into it without launching myself out the door.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
DH is 6'1", I'm 5'9". My pants inseam is 3" longer than his. I use some of his old jeans for gardening pants, they're high water on me.
I won't be using any of Stirling's old jeans. They would be a bit loose. He weighs more than twice as much as me.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
I won't be using any of Stirling's old jeans. They would be a bit loose. He weighs more than twice as much as me.

DH is about 20 lb. heavier than me, so his old jeans are both low rider and high water on me
Old 05-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Today when I got up, I grabbed an old beach dress that I love. It has two pockets. I haven't worn it in a long time. I put it on and it was down to my ankles. It used to fit me perfectly. I have lost so much weight, that nothing fits me any more. My slacks "just" fit. If I lose anymore, they will start to fall down.

When I first got married, we were going away for a vacation. My husband went out to buy me a dress. Surprisingly, he came back with one that I loved. And it was a perfect fit. He found it in the preteen department. A children's size 14.
I am 5'6". I wear a size 6/8 adult size. I buy a lot of my casual wear clothes in the preteen department. A large/size 14 pre-teen fits me. Not all of the time, but some of the time. And, pre-teen clothes cost less than adult sizes.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:10 AM   #40
Master Chef

The end of the stool story is I had SC but the back on it again. Hey, like I told him, a woman can change her mind more than once. He just grinned and gave me the eye roll.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cook, cooking