My new cooking tool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you like it guys! I must say that my stool could be better if it could raise while sitting on it. It will lower while sitting on it, but not raise. Maybe really expensive ones will do that but not this $80 one.

(the grammar police may say I should have said rise instead of raise.) :)

(The copy editor/grammar police in me is struggling not to respond to that invitation to correct that sentence ;))

Please do GG.......SousChef said raise, I said rise. ;)

A stool is an inanimate object; it cannot raise something. A correct sentence would be, "...my stool could be better if I could raise it while sitting on it."

You couldn't substitute "rise" in there, so "raise" is correct :cool:

I have an office chair that I can raise or lower (see what I did there? ;)) If you can lift yourself up while pressing the lever to engage the mechanism, you should be able to raise the stool while holding yourself just above it. HTH.

Last edited:
A stool is an inanimate object; it cannot raise something. A correct sentence would be, "...my stool could be better if I could raise it while sitting on it."

You couldn't substitute "rise" in there, so "raise" is correct :cool:

Thanks for your help there GG...

I have an office chair that I can raise or lower (see what I did there? ;)) If you can lift yourself up while pressing the lever to engage the mechanism, you should be able to raise the stool while holding yourself just above it. HTH.

The trouble there is I have these short stubby legs that belong on someone a foot shorter than me. :LOL: I'm 5'8".

Taxi, my guess is I'd be 6 foot with the right legs. Steve and I sit at the same height and he's 6 foot. Who ever heard of a 5'8" woman having to buy short pants? Sigh, I've always wanted long dancer's legs, but as long as they still work, I count my blessings.

Taxi, my guess is I'd be 6 foot with the right legs. Steve and I sit at the same height and he's 6 foot. Who ever heard of a 5'8" woman having to buy short pants? Sigh, I've always wanted long dancer's legs, but as long as they still work, I count my blessings.
What is it about the length of lady's pants? I have long legs for my 5'4". When I am my right weight, all trousers have legs that are too long. When I'm overweight, I find trousers that are the right length.

Stirling is 6 feet tall. We have the same inseam in jeans. :wacko:

Going to build a ramp and step up all around the cabinets so I can reach the counter while cooking.:ROFLMAO:

So now you know how I feel. 4'7" makes it difficult for me to even reach the bottom shelves in the upper cabinets. I can't even reach the back of the counters when I am wiping them down. And that goes for the stove also. I do have a little stool with a hole for a handle in the middle of it. It does make is easier for me when I get into one of the cleaning moods. The stool is light enough so that I can kick it around from spot to spot. :angel:

What is it about the length of lady's pants? I have long legs for my 5'4". When I am my right weight, all trousers have legs that are too long. When I'm overweight, I find trousers that are the right length.

DH is 6'1", I'm 5'9". My pants inseam is 3" longer than his. I use some of his old jeans for gardening pants, they're high water on me.

Last edited:

TaxiLady when I was overweight, my legs never put weight on. They were always very thin. Now my right leg is a bit bigger than my left. Due to all the problems when I had the ulcer on it. :angel:

Taxi, my guess is I'd be 6 foot with the right legs...

Kayelle, you might want to trade legs with me. I have "dancer's legs". At my tallest, I was 5' 6 1/2". Down to 5' 5", but then the nurse didn't say she was measuring my height. :LOL: My leg length? 33 inches! My "center of gravity" is definitely above my center. :D

When I drive a car, I have to raise the seat base to its highest setting, but the front-to-back distance is just a little forward of where Himself sets it for himself. The funniest, though, is when I stand up from sitting on a bar stool...I'm barely taller than when sitting. :ermm:

I used to have trouble getting a dress to fit - back when I actually wore one. The bodice part always bunched. When a saleswoman told me I needed to shop for dresses in the "petite" department, I looked at her as if she had two heads. She was right, though. Who woulda guessed?

Today when I got up, I grabbed an old beach dress that I love. It has two pockets. I haven't worn it in a long time. I put it on and it was down to my ankles. It used to fit me perfectly. I have lost so much weight, that nothing fits me any more. My slacks "just" fit. If I lose anymore, they will start to fall down.

When I first got married, we were going away for a vacation. My husband went out to buy me a dress. Surprisingly, he came back with one that I loved. And it was a perfect fit. He found it in the preteen department. A children's size 14. :angel:

:ROFLMAO: Thanks for all the interesting responses. We all sure have our leg issues.;)

I just wish I could get that stool to the height I want and be able to launch my not so lovely arse into it without launching myself out the door. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

DH is 6'1", I'm 5'9". My pants inseam is 3" longer than his. I use some of his old jeans for gardening pants, they're high water on me.
I won't be using any of Stirling's old jeans. :ohmy: They would be a bit loose. He weighs more than twice as much as me.

I won't be using any of Stirling's old jeans. :ohmy: They would be a bit loose. He weighs more than twice as much as me.

DH is about 20 lb. heavier than me, so his old jeans are both low rider and high water on me :LOL:

Today when I got up, I grabbed an old beach dress that I love. It has two pockets. I haven't worn it in a long time. I put it on and it was down to my ankles. It used to fit me perfectly. I have lost so much weight, that nothing fits me any more. My slacks "just" fit. If I lose anymore, they will start to fall down.

When I first got married, we were going away for a vacation. My husband went out to buy me a dress. Surprisingly, he came back with one that I loved. And it was a perfect fit. He found it in the preteen department. A children's size 14. :angel:
I am 5'6". I wear a size 6/8 adult size. I buy a lot of my casual wear clothes in the preteen department. A large/size 14 pre-teen fits me. Not all of the time, but some of the time. And, pre-teen clothes cost less than adult sizes.

The end of the stool story is I had SC but the back on it again. Hey, like I told him, a woman can change her mind more than once. He just grinned and gave me the eye roll. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom