"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #11
Master Chef

I have an inexpensive Waring.

I only use it a few times a year.

I found a heavy bartenders glass with a base that is the same diameter as the head of the blender. They work very well together when I need to make small amounts of whipped cream or mayonnaise.

I use it because I have it but, it is one of those items that I would not bother to replace!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
Master Chef

I have a Braun M880 multimixer. It is a hand mixer, immersion blender, and mini chopper. It also comes with dough hooks. I use it a lot. One appliance, 4 different attachments. gets most of the daily jobs done well.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
I have a Braun M880 multimixer. It is a hand mixer, immersion blender, and mini chopper. It also comes with dough hooks. I use it a lot. One appliance, 4 different attachments. gets most of the daily jobs done well.
I love Braun Hand Blenders! They are really tough and work great. I had one of the first models but it lasted for years. Finally gave up on me when I tried making pumpkin seed butter
It's about time a replace mine!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef

I have a Braun with a removeable shaft for cleaning in the DW. It has a 200 Watt motor and does all I need. I paid about $20-$25 for it @ Costco a few years ago. I use it to puree sauces and soups/gravies. If that's the type of thing you plan to do, you don't need a big expensive item. This type will do the trick.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
Sous Chef

I have a Braun 2-speed, 200w-300w. It kicks butt. Came with a whisk attachment and a chopper/mini processor attachment. I use it in shelter to scramble 3 dozen eggs in about 5 seconds. I also have its' little brother, a 200w, same package. Works great. I tried a Cuis Smart Stick with a stainless lower unit. I like it, 200w, but it is a bit heavier than the Braun.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
This is what I have, and I really like it because it's more than just an immersion blender and imo you can't beat the brand name or the right price.

Shop Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender CSB-77 at CHEFS.
I love mine. I don't think I paid that much, but I probably got it at Costco. The attachments are great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That's the one I have as well. And the attachments do come in handy for small jobs.
The red one works better though
It comes in red?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
I have a Braun 2-speed, 200w-300w. It kicks butt. Came with a whisk attachment and a chopper/mini processor attachment. I use it in shelter to scramble 3 dozen eggs in about 5 seconds. I also have its' little brother, a 200w, same package. Works great. I tried a Cuis Smart Stick with a stainless lower unit. I like it, 200w, but it is a bit heavier than the Braun.
I had a Braun and liked it. But, we wore it out. I like the Cuisinart better, but I don't know what the new Brauns are like.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

They came in red when I got mine.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
Executive Chef

This is what I recommend:

Old 04-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
I have a waring commercial stick blender. It's classified as "light duty" commercial but compared to the ones offered at the consumer level it's built like a tank.

7" Light-Duty Quik StikŪ Immersion Blender | WaringŪ Commercial

Available online or at restaurant supply stores. Runs about $80

I think I'll be looking at one of these. We use our immersion blender a lot and the plastic keeps cracking. It is a cuisinart. On a side note, we are finding spice/coffee grinders falling way short of expectations. As much as we use ours to grind spices, we hardly get a few months use before they start cracking or breaking.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
Sous Chef

Mortar and pestle is the way to go for spices in my experience. I love mine and use it all the time. Doesn't do cinnamon all that well though but for curry paste, dry spices, and a few things like tapenade and som tom it's great