Need feedback on immersion blenders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharonT

Sous Chef
I don't see a recent discussion about immersion blenders, and I need a new one. Does anyone have a recommendation?

another vote for cuisinart. i almost got arrested when an ex -gf and i broke up, and she took my cuisinart boat motor out of my stuff (we shared an apt. on 72nd and colombus, just off:the park) and i took it back before she got home.

true story. nyc cops are great. they just gave her that look...

btw, imo, wolfgang puck stuff is crapola. my wife has bought his stuff, including knives and baking things on qvc ( she's addicted), and it's worse than the cheapest crap you find in chinatown on blankets on the street or in tourist shops for $5.

no offense, s&p.

maybe you got his original pre production swag.

Last edited:
I have an inexpensive Waring.

I only use it a few times a year.

I found a heavy bartenders glass with a base that is the same diameter as the head of the blender. They work very well together when I need to make small amounts of whipped cream or mayonnaise.

I use it because I have it but, it is one of those items that I would not bother to replace! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have a Braun M880 multimixer. It is a hand mixer, immersion blender, and mini chopper. It also comes with dough hooks. I use it a lot. One appliance, 4 different attachments. gets most of the daily jobs done well.

I have a Braun M880 multimixer. It is a hand mixer, immersion blender, and mini chopper. It also comes with dough hooks. I use it a lot. One appliance, 4 different attachments. gets most of the daily jobs done well.

I love Braun Hand Blenders! They are really tough and work great. I had one of the first models but it lasted for years. Finally gave up on me when I tried making pumpkin seed butter :(
It's about time a replace mine!

I have a Braun with a removeable shaft for cleaning in the DW. It has a 200 Watt motor and does all I need. I paid about $20-$25 for it @ Costco a few years ago. I use it to puree sauces and soups/gravies. If that's the type of thing you plan to do, you don't need a big expensive item. This type will do the trick.

I have a Braun 2-speed, 200w-300w. It kicks butt. Came with a whisk attachment and a chopper/mini processor attachment. I use it in shelter to scramble 3 dozen eggs in about 5 seconds. I also have its' little brother, a 200w, same package. Works great. I tried a Cuis Smart Stick with a stainless lower unit. I like it, 200w, but it is a bit heavier than the Braun.

This is what I have, and I really like it because it's more than just an immersion blender and imo you can't beat the brand name or the right price.

Shop Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender CSB-77 at CHEFS.
I love mine. I don't think I paid that much, but I probably got it at Costco. The attachments are great.
That's the one I have as well. And the attachments do come in handy for small jobs.
The red one works better though ;)
It comes in red?!
I have a Braun 2-speed, 200w-300w. It kicks butt. Came with a whisk attachment and a chopper/mini processor attachment. I use it in shelter to scramble 3 dozen eggs in about 5 seconds. I also have its' little brother, a 200w, same package. Works great. I tried a Cuis Smart Stick with a stainless lower unit. I like it, 200w, but it is a bit heavier than the Braun.
I had a Braun and liked it. But, we wore it out. I like the Cuisinart better, but I don't know what the new Brauns are like.

This is what I recommend:

egg-beater.jpg

I have a waring commercial stick blender. It's classified as "light duty" commercial but compared to the ones offered at the consumer level it's built like a tank.

7" Light-Duty Quik Stik® Immersion Blender | Waring® Commercial

Available online or at restaurant supply stores. Runs about $80

I think I'll be looking at one of these. We use our immersion blender a lot and the plastic keeps cracking. It is a cuisinart. On a side note, we are finding spice/coffee grinders falling way short of expectations. As much as we use ours to grind spices, we hardly get a few months use before they start cracking or breaking.

Mortar and pestle is the way to go for spices in my experience. I love mine and use it all the time. Doesn't do cinnamon all that well though but for curry paste, dry spices, and a few things like tapenade and som tom it's great

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom