Need ideas/suggestions for lid storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
I am sure some one has come up with an ingenious solution for storing pot and pan lids, but does any one have any ideas on how to organize lids for pyrex storage? I am becoming over run with them.

I don't know what country you live in, but if it's Europe, IKEA sell an ingenious wall storage device that holds even the most awkward shaped pot and pan lids. And it's not expensive.

I am in the US of A but there is an Ikea not far and I want to go there for something else. Thanks for the tip.

I am sure some one has come up with an ingenious solution for storing pot and pan lids, but does any one have any ideas on how to organize lids for pyrex storage? I am becoming over run with them.

The box bottom of the Velveeta cheese is sturdy and is narrow and long. I put my plastic lids for storage containers in them with the containers stacked next to them.

I use a rubber coated dish rack ( for drying dishes ) It is in a drawer and I've used that for around 20 years without having a better idea. Gage

I too use rubber-coated dish racks. I have one in the cupboard for tupperware etc. lids. I use the other on a shelf in the pantry for my pyrex lids. I picked mine up at the Goodwill. I think I paid $0.49 for each.

For my baking sheets, I had my DH make a "rolly cart" that fits between the stove and the counter (there was a gap if I shoved the stove against the wall). It is basically a frame that has a "box" inside. The box has coasters on it so it rolls out. Wooden dowels keep the baking sheets upright. I also store my lefse board in there (one of those round boards covered with cloth on which on rolls lefse, pizza dough, pie crusts, etc.). Given the size of the lefse board, it was awkward to store. Hence, the rolly box.

I dread getting a casserole dish out with the haphazard way they are stacked along with the lids. I really like that drying rack idea. I'm going to look and see if I can move stuff around and incorporate that into my cupboards.

Back
Top Bottom