New Batteries Were Not Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazon.com: Kitchen Scale - Baker's Math Kitchen Scale - KD8000 Scale by My Weight: Health & Personal Care

31pXB5RfrFL.jpg

This is the one that I put on my Amazon wish list, I got it and I like it a lot.

I like that I can tare my Kitchenaid bowl, something that I couldn't do with my old scale. I haven't used the baker's percentage function yet, but will in the future. It will run off batteries (included) or an option a/c adapter.
That's the same scale I have. I like mine quite a bit, too. I was originally looking at an OXO, but the price was better on this model. No regrets at all.

I have the smaller OXO that I use day to day and I also have an 11pound Cuisinart (I inherited that one).

One thing I wish the Cuisinart had that the OXO has is the removable face. Being able to pull out the face plate so I can see it when there is a bowl on the scale is ever so helpful.

Such a small consideration, but the Cuisinart I have to peek under bowls and such to see how much something weighs. That is annoying, which is why it lives in the basement and comes out for large meat projects. :)

Thanks Frank. The 11-pound OXO is one I'm looking at.

That's the same scale I have. I like mine quite a bit, too. I was originally looking at an OXO, but the price was better on this model. No regrets at all.

I'm really impressed so far. I was looking for something that would tare the kitchenaid bowl, and this fit the bill, I'm really happy with it. A great upgrade from my previous, very basic model.

My thanks to all of you who took the time to offer advice. I went to BB&B today to look at scales as they have a decent selection. They did not have the Baker's Math scale but I was able to compare a number of others.

I ended up with this scale: Amazon.com: OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Food Scale with Pull-Out Display: Kitchen & Dining

I like it because it has the features I wanted and has a much bigger backlit display that's easy to read and the display pulls away from the scale so you can see it when weighing larger items that overhang the scale. It also has a bigger platform than my old scale.

I actually came home and ordered it from Amazon as I wanted another low cost item Amazon had and this got me over the $25 limit so I got free shipping on both.

Last edited:
One point about BB&B is always remember the 20 off coupon. If you don't get them in the mail, they are downloadable.

Never had a problem with anything OXO, and I like the idea of the pull out display.

One point about BB&B is always remember the 20 off coupon. If you don't get them in the mail, they are downloadable.

Never had a problem with anything OXO, and I like the idea of the pull out display.

The original concept of OXO was when the founder saw his grandmother struggling with a standard metal veggie peeler using her arthritic hands. He started designing kitchen tools that would be less painful for her to use. Soft handles and bigger tools that she could use with ease. Trying to hold onto a thin handle for those with arthritis can be very painful. The OXO are hugs and kisses for her. The company became very successful. But then they seemed to lose their way for a while. The handles were made of hard plastic and were cheaply made. They have gotten back on track after a hue and cry from the public. :angel:

They make many well designed products now that go beyond the soft fat handles. Salad spinners, scales, mandolins, etc.

They make many well designed products now that go beyond the soft fat handles. Salad spinners, scales, mandolins, etc.

Exactly. But always in the background is the question, "Can the elderly use this with comfort?" Your scale is a prime example. They take a look at what other companies are making for the kitchen and improve it so that the elderly can use it. They have received many well deserved awards for their products. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom