New tools for xmas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hma95

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone!

I am grateful for finding this forum and will be even more grateful to the people who can help me with this!

My husband has become a pretty good cook over the years and for a Christmas present I would like to get all new cooking utensils for him. I am at a loss as to what is a decent/good brand? We have gone through so many that don't hold up and melt and warp that we have bought over the last 2 years!

I am thinking of a utensil set because basically he needs all new tools like spaghetti spoon, spatula's, scrapers, draining spoons, slotted spoons, basting spoons, ladle.... those type of utensils.

The ones he currently has, besides being warped, are so light and actually bend a great deal as if they are made out of paper.

Happy to hear what others use and love!

Thanks!

I am not sure if they make any of the things you are looking for, but check out Oxo. Their tools are great quality.

You might consider a Hotel & Restaurant Supply! You can A la carte the itmes you need.
If you are looking for "fancy" don't go. If you are looking for functional...do go!

Also - what kind of pots and pans do you have? If you have non-stick you don't want a lot of metal utensils - - - you would want the black vinyl coated ones or ones specified safe for non-stick cookware.

Thanks for everyones input! I do appreciate it!!

We use non stick cookware so metal will not do. He does have wooden spoons that he likes to use. I already bought him some extra ones for xmas :cool:

I was looking at kitchenaid silicone pro utensils, they look pretty nice and have a rating of 500 degrees. Anyone try or have those? I also have to look for a flour sifter, can't find a decent one of those either.

Most of my shopping is done online for the simple fact the nearest DECENT store is an hour drive! It sucks sometimes living in the sticks!! :rolleyes:

THANKS!!!

:)A simple hand held sieve sifts flour just fine and faster than a flour sifter.Just a thought.
That's what we do now :LOL: . For some reason he just hates doing that, I can't understand it myself. We must have gone through 5 sifters, cheap ones you buy at wally world or Shopko and they either didn't sift worth a darn and/or rusted after the first wash! I can't understand why things are made so cheap now a days and quality is so hard to come by. :dry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom