"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 08-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

New vintage mixing bowls!

One of our wedding presents 30+ years ago was a set of four nesting blue and white Pyrex mixing bowls in what I have discovered is the Cinderella design.

I love these bowls - they're sturdy, heavy so they don't slide on the counter, and have pour spouts. But I have wanted new bowls since we renovated our kitchen in 2007 and changed the colors. I also broke the smallest one by dropping it on the porcelain tile floor and I miss having it. I haven't seen any new ones that I like as well.

Then by accident I found out that vintage Pyrex bowls are sold on eBay! And I found a Cinderella set in a pretty light yellow that goes great with my kitchen. Bought them and have been using them for the last few days. Makes me happy to see them. It's the little things

Old bowls and new to me small yellow bowl:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1438622170509.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	23195  

Old 08-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

It's a good feeling when you make a find like that.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
Master Chef

Great find GG! I had some like that but lost them somewhere along life's way.

Once in a while I'll bring up something I no longer have and wish I did. Steve is a wiz on ebay, and has found me countless things, even my favorite shade of lipstick that's no longer sold in stores. Most recently he replaced a little square glass water jug I used for years and broke. I love that thing, and it takes me back through the years.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
Master Chef

Nice, GG! My Mom didn't have those Pyrex bowls; she had the standard nesting mixing bowl set in rainbow colors. However, the mom of my friend down the street did. I thought they were the coolest things!

When cleaning out my folks' house, I got rid of Mom's wooden bread box. Then I wish I had kept it. Found the exact same one on eBay and bought it. Now it occupies a place of honor on my kitchen shelf. eBay, a source for lost memories...
Old 08-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Ebay is my first choice to look for vintage Corning Ware, which is supposed to be superior to the modern Corning Ware baking dishes. I have quite a collection by now. You can tell by the numbers on the bottom if they are old pieces.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Nice find GG. I love vintage things. Makes your kitchen more cozy.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #7
Master Chef

It so happens that this vintage serving bowl just arrived in the mail from ebay. We have a clear one just like it that's used almost daily, so it always seems to be in the dishwasher. Now we have two!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Very pretty, Kayelle. I like colored cut glass, too.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I love mixing bowls, especially vintage ones like these. I had some (not as pretty as those!) that were gifted to me but most have been broken over the years. I always have my eye out for them in thrift stores. We have a seller at the local flea market but they charge a small fortune for them.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #10
Senior Cook

eBay

I love eBay!! So far I have gotten forks, spoons, and serving spoons for Kayelle's discontinued pattern, as well as additional Corelle bowls. Her big colander wore out, so I got a replacement!
The latest was that green Fostoria serving bowl.