"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Newbie - Need help with Pasta Maker

Hello - I'm very glad to find this site - I'm sure I'll be back often. My mother gave me an imperia pasta machine - hand crank - about a year ago and honestly I never pulled it out of the cabinet. I always make my own noodles and never thought about it. Well, yesterday I pulled it out, made a HUGE batch and now I'm hooked. My problem is I'm having a tough time finding attachments. Are any of the other brands compatible with the Imperia? I wonder if the Al Dente attachments will work. Any help on this matter or a really good place to purchase attachments would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Everymom

Yikes, I have no idea. Welcome aboard and hopefully someone will be able to help you out soon. My pasta maker is a different model.

I'm going to move this over to the Cookware section so you will get more answers.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
Executive Chef

My first thought is to check Ebay.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Check here go to the fifth and see what attachments they have there.

Pasta Machines for Making Pasta
Old 09-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Pasta Maker Pasta Roller Pasta Machine
Old 09-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Pasta Makers
Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Check the prices on the other sites here you will get another roller plus the attachments for $ 69.99 plus shipping. Maybe you could have a pasta making party using two rollers and the different attachments.
Villaware® Al Dente™ Five Piece Pasta Set
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by seehound View Post
... My problem is I'm having a tough time finding attachments. Are any of the other brands compatible with the Imperia? I wonder if the Al Dente attachments will work. Any help on this matter or a really good place to purchase attachments would be great! ...
No - attachments are not interchangable between brands, or models within one brand.

Fante's is one of my favorite places for a lot of things .... especially pasta machine attachments.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Thank you all for the great links! I have not yet purchased any new attachments - I think I'll keep looking on ebay for a couple of more weeks first.

The pasta party is already set on the calendar! What more do you really need other than good friends, good wine and loads of pasta dough :)

Thanks again -
Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
Head Chef

I have an Imperia as well. Didn't buy any of the attachments, but you can purchase them here:

pasta machine, imperia pasta maker, atlas marcato pasta machine, ravioli makers