Nonslip grips for a cutting board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inchrisin

Senior Cook
I just bought a composite cutting board and it's really nice. The only problem is that is slips around on the counter while I'm trying to work on it. I know I can use a wet towel under my new cutting board, but I'm wondering if there's a more permanent solution. Are there non-slip feet that I can put on the board that are also dishwasher safe? Or is there a type of glue that is dishwasher safe I could tack them on with?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I just bought a composite cutting board and it's really nice. The only problem is that is slips around on the counter while I'm trying to work on it. I know I can use a wet towel under my new cutting board, but I'm wondering if there's a more permanent solution. Are there non-slip feet that I can put on the board that are also dishwasher safe? Or is there a type of glue that is dishwasher safe I could tack them on with?

Thanks in advance.

You could put rubber bands on either end. I don't know of any dishwasher safe glues.

I use rubber shelf liner (Wal-Mart 10' for $2.50 in the housewares dept.)

If you use feet on a cutting board, all you'll end up doing is splitting your board into two pieces.

I use the shelf liner too. I have several cut pieces for different sized boards and just toss them in the washer after use to clean and sanitize them,

I'll toss in a, "Me Too!!" Shelf liner is fantastic for a lot of things. I have small squares to take off the lids of jars.

You may be able to get a small tube of silicon sealant and make little dabs on the bottom. It dries squishy and grips decently.

I use shelf liner or baring that a wet paper towel.

I just use a kitchen towel, dry. But thanks to Her Royal Ogressness, I now know how to get that stubborn jar lid off, so shelf liner is on my shopping list. Every time I ran into difficult lids, I'd been wishing for my old Round Tuit.

Thanks, PrincessF.

Last edited:
I just use a kitchen towel, dry. But thanks to Her Royal Ogressness, I now know how to get that stubborn jar lid off, so shelf liner is on my shopping list. Every time I ran into difficult lids, I'd been wishing for my old Round Tuit.

Thanks, PrincessF.

You are very welcome, Z. We use shelf liner all over the place. The only place it actually lines shelves is under the glasses.

It's cheaper than felt, so when our games table was getting ratty, I put shelfliner in it's place. Shrek uses it to protect the finish on his multitude of guitars when he re-strings them.

You are very welcome, Z. We use shelf liner all over the place. The only place it actually lines shelves is under the glasses.

It's cheaper than felt, so when our games table was getting ratty, I put shelfliner in it's place. Shrek uses it to protect the finish on his multitude of guitars when he re-strings them.

I commercial fished for a few years and it was used a lot on the helm to keep things in place on a rocking/pitching boat.

For the table we used duct tape rolls to hold beverages.:LOL:

Check out "Architec", maker of non-slip cutting boards. I've now got 3 of them and wouldn't use anything else. Each board has 3 or 4 dozen non-slip tabs on the bottom of the boards so they never slip. They're sold at lots of retailers and online, starting at about $30.

Ya I've used these while working at a catering company,

work well

I use rubber shelf liner (Wal-Mart 10' for $2.50 in the housewares dept.)

If you use feet on a cutting board, all you'll end up doing is splitting your board into two pieces.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom