"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Oil Bottle that doesn't drip

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend an oil bottle that doesn't leak?
I am looking for a modern looking one.

Thank you

Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I would love to know this too. All the ones that the oil comes in drip horribly and make a mess of the bottle.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Cook

I believe I got mine from Williams-Sonoma and it works very well, no dripping at all. If you don't have one of those where you live, try and find a restaurant supplies store. Also, if aesthetics don't matter, you can always get one of the clear condiment bottles, like what you would put ketchup in, and use those. Good luck!!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I pop out the plastic thingy and shove in a liqueur pourer. Some come with a little lid. They look like a plastic wine cork with a spigot on top. I also use a pourer for my dish soap and put it in a fancy bottle. You can get them in kitchen stores.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontg34
I believe I got mine from Williams-Sonoma and it works very well, no dripping at all. If you don't have one of those where you live, try and find a restaurant supplies store. Also, if aesthetics don't matter, you can always get one of the clear condiment bottles, like what you would put ketchup in, and use those. Good luck!!
Guy Fieri does that! Love his bottles, he has his own line.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Cook

Yep, he was exactly who I thought of when I wrote that, but his are probably more expensive than the generic ones. They are quite handy though, don't you hate having to open bunches of bottles while you're right in the middle of cooking. Blech.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontg34
Yep, he was exactly who I thought of when I wrote that, but his are probably more expensive than the generic ones. They are quite handy though, don't you hate having to open bunches of bottles while you're right in the middle of cooking. Blech.
I can't find them here. Such a simple concept. We repurpose when we can.

Good thread, cmontg!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I pop out the plastic thingy and shove in a liqueur pourer. Some come with a little lid. They look like a plastic wine cork with a spigot on top. I also use a pourer for my dish soap and put it in a fancy bottle. You can get them in kitchen stores.
I was about to try and explain one of those since I couldn't remember the name. Your explanation sounds better than mine would have. I was going to say that little thingy with a metal pee pee on the end that they use in bars

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Timely thread.
I have a bottle that I bought at Walmart. I like it's looks. Tall, slender, square shape to the bottle, didn't drip. I've had it for about 6 months and the ridges on the pourer that keep it from leaking totally disintegrated. I was trying to take the pourer out of the bottle yesterday, in hopes of transferring the spigot setup to a rubber cork, when it totally broke. Some plastic thingy that I think had something to do with regulating the amount of oil flowing when the bottle was upended just fell off into the oil. So now it is totally shot. I was going to make a trip to wally world and try to get a manufacturer's name and see if they will send me a new top... if they still sell them... but I really like the idea of the liquor bottle pourer. I might even have one laying around somewhere, if it fits this bottle.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Sonofagun, they've got it on their website. No manufacturer...
Walmart.com: Mainstays Large Oil / Vinegar Bottle: Kitchen & Dining

Tags
oil