Oil Spritzer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billmac

Assistant Cook
Can a regular spray bottle be used (new, or after cleaning of course) for spritzing olive oil? Those pump things are crap. I've tried one, but it didn't work. I thought maybe it was just the particular bottle I used.

I've never tried one, but I suspect if you could get one that would spray finely enough that would work. It might gum up the works after a while though. If you try one out, post and let us know how it worked. I wouldn't mind trying that out myself.

Yes you can use one. You will not get a fine mist like with the oil mister bottles, but if you don't mind that then who cares. I keep canola oil in a regular spritz bottle for using on the grill. Works just fine for that.

Just curious, what don't you guys like about yours? I use mine all the time and it works great.

For less than $5. I bought an oil sprayer from Walmart that I pump up pressure and spray like an aerosol can. It works great and Ican fill it with the oil I prefer.

I like mine too. It beats using too much oil where I don't need it. Also, it spreads over the pan well. AND it certainly cuts down the amount of calories from oil.

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean these babies (pump/oil mister)?

I've got a couple of them, and it's the 'glaze' the oil seems to develop on the plastic pump parts that's the problem for me...NOT flavorful and interferes with the pumping ("crap" in short).

Hate to give up on them and go back to the pressurized pan spray....:(

I have a Misto and use it all the time. It does have to be cleaned out every once in awhile in hot soapy water but other than that I have not had any problems with it.

:heart:
Z

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom