"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Jenny, I haven't seen a disposable grill in a while, but I imagine they are still around.
They used to look like a foil baking pan that came with charcoal inside and a grate. I've never seen one in use, but that's the gist of it. Probably OK for a trip to the beach. Then toss it so you don't need to haul home. They were all self contained, like jiffy pop, lol. I've never understood disposable cameras, but they suit some people fine. Same concept.
Interesting....

I couldn't imagine using one except maybe at the beach. Or something to keep in the emergency box.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

1. (when the weather co-operates) How often do you cook outdoors on a weekly basis?

Once a week in the winter. Two to three times a week in warmer weather.

2. What product do you use to cook outdoors and why? e.g. a disposable charcoal barbecue as it is cheap and doesn't require cleaning.

Gas grill and Weber charcoal kettle

3. What foods do you cook outdoors? Does the product you use dictate what you cook, do you wish there was more freedom?

Meats and veggies. The type of food I'm cooking and my schedule determine which equipment I use. I wish I had more space, more money and more equipment.

4. Preparing/cooking for vegetarians/vegans, Pescatarians and meat eaters simultaneously an issue? If so what specific problems do you have?

No

5. Does the hassle of cleaning the outdoor cooking device you use deter you from using it?

No

6. What age are you?

Retired

7. Do you think outdoor cooking is more social?

No

Old 11-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramac View Post
Just copy and paste the questions with your answers below.

Thank you again. Your answers will have great influence on the final product.
1. (when the weather co-operates) How often do you cook outdoors on a weekly basis?

About 3 or 4 times a week during the colder months and 5-7 days per/week during summer months. My grill is under the porch roof, so rain doesn't matter. In high mosquito times, they sometimes make me cook indoors instead of out. In my area, the skeeters carry wire cutters in their back pockets, so screens won't slow them down!

2. What product do you use to cook outdoors and why? e.g. a disposable charcoal barbecue as it is cheap and doesn't require cleaning.
I use a Weber, Smokey Joe Gold charcoal grill

3. What foods do you cook outdoors? Does the product you use dictate what you cook, do you wish there was more freedom?
I can cook anything on my grill. I have a number of pans that fit within the hood, so I can bake or simmer also. The smoke flavor adds a LOT to some dishes and foods like cornbread.

4. Preparing/cooking for vegetarians/vegans, Pescatarians and meat eaters simultaneously an issue? If so what specific problems do you have?
It's never been an issue. My oldest sister is a vegan, as is her daughter and my brother is a pescetarian. Depending on how much he's had to drink, my brother can bring it to the point of annoying when he's in the mood. "Has that pan ever had meat in it?" "Yes, all my pans have had meat in them, have you just finished eating?"
5. Does the hassle of cleaning the outdoor cooking device you use deter you from using it?
No, I do nothing but burn it off each time and wire brush the grill itself if needed.

6. What age are you?
59 years young.

7. Do you think outdoor cooking is more social?
People tend to migrate towards the kitchen or the grill. That makes those two areas more social than others in my home.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

Hi there everyone

Your answers have been really useful but i was wondering if i would be able to ask you a couple more questions?

1. Barbecues often require assembly prior to use. Have you ever assembled a barbecue?
2. If you have assembled a barbecue, did you experience any problems?
3.If “Yes” what sort of problems have you experienced?
For example.
No instructions
Inadequate instructions
Missing parts
Damaged parts
Unable to put parts together

4.What other accessories do you use with your barbecue?
For example
Oven gloves
Tongs
Spatula
Brush
Skewer
oil spray
Fork

5.Does your barbecue have any other attachments?
For Example
Side burner/s
Oven
Rotisserie (powered)
Spit (manual)
Fondue set
Hotplate
Old 12-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #15
Head Chef

Whenever I get calls or read posts like these, I get to wondering what's in this for me?

I decline to participate in phone calls by people benefiting from my time. I feel as if I'm an employee working to make money for someone who tells me that the public benefits from my input. HA! It benefits the caller who sells that info to companies. I doubt it does the consumer any good. It just makes money for the caller and the company.

Capitalism has its real advantages, and its real faults too.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Whenever I get calls or read posts like these, I get to wondering what's in this for me?

I decline to participate in phone calls by people benefiting from my time. I feel as if I'm an employee working to make money for someone who tells me that the public benefits from my input. HA! It benefits the caller who sells that info to companies. I doubt it does the consumer any good. It just makes money for the caller and the company.

Capitalism has its real advantages, and its real faults too.
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one to shy away from the OP's last post. It makes me wonder why they are collecting all of this specific data and if anyone on this site will gain anything from it's collection.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

Im only a student that wanted to grasp a deeper understanding of my target market. I have no intension of giving such details to any third party. The answers from my initial questionnaire have helped me personally towards my research. Sometimes its nice to help someone out even if there isn't anything in it for yourself but maybe thats just what feel.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
Im only a student that wanted to grasp a deeper understanding of my target market. I have no intension of giving such details to any third party. The answers from my initial questionnaire have helped me personally towards my research. Sometimes its nice to help someone out even if there isn't anything in it for yourself but maybe thats just what feel.
Sorry, not buying it, lol.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

I cleared up any ambiguity and have explained my reasons. If you don't want to answer the questionnaire thats fine. Others have kindly done so.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:

"Target Market" for what? I really don't understand why you are collecting this much specific data on BBQ construction, repairs and use.

Are you preparing a report for school or something? You have my curiosity stirred.

Tags
cooking