"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 12-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #21
Assistant Cook

I am designing an outdoor portable cooking device/preparation station. Knowledge of existing users experiences and problems may potentially dictate my design. Such information provides useful reference when justifying particular aspects. For example is there demand to incorporate a side burner in my design?

Old 12-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramac View Post
I am designing an outdoor portable cooking device/preparation station. Knowledge of existing users experiences and problems may potentially dictate my design. Such information provides useful reference when justifying particular aspects. For example is there demand to incorporate a side burner in my design?
I see. Thank you for your reply.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #23
Assistant Cook

1. (when the weather co-operates) How often do you cook outdoors on a weekly basis?

Almost never in the winter due to the 2-4 feet of snow on the ground just about every day in warmer weather.

2. What product do you use to cook outdoors and why? e.g. a disposable charcoal barbecue as it is cheap and doesn't require cleaning.

Gas grill or camp fire

3. What foods do you cook outdoors? Does the product you use dictate what you cook, do you wish there was more freedom?

Meats and veggies. Mostly steak, I grill all my corn on the cob and asparagus. Even cooking Easter or thanksgiving dinner I grill all the veggies that I can.

Veritas vos liberabit
Dante1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #24
Assistant Cook

Thanks to Everyone

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who answered my questionnaire, i appreciate you taking the time to fill it out.

i got a 1st in my Research
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
Assistant Cook

Cheers everyone for filling out my questionnaire, greatly appreciated. I am curious of your opinions of my final design. I have attached it and would like to see what you think.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small version.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	13815  
Old 05-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
Executive Chef

It would be a great prop for a Martian camp in the 80's "War of the Worlds" series. If it is fueled by gas, it would be useless to me. Gas is an abomination!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #27
Assistant Cook

i did think it could also be altered to charcoal but that would require lighting two seperate grills. Thanks for the feedback though.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #28
Senior Cook

1. (when the weather co-operates) How often do you cook outdoors on a weekly basis?
We cook outside more then inside because our are is covered.

2. What product do you use to cook outdoors and why? e.g. a disposable charcoal barbecue as it is cheap and doesn't require cleaning.
Highly Modified Computer controlled Smoker, Big Easy, Smoker Roaster Grill, Weber E-330.

3. What foods do you cook outdoors? Does the product you use dictate what you cook, do you wish there was more freedom?
Meat, fish and veggies and we have all the freedone we need

4. Preparing/cooking for vegetarians/vegans, Pescatarians and meat eaters simultaneously an issue? If so what specific problems do you have?
None

5. Does the hassle of cleaning the outdoor cooking device you use deter you from using it?
No

6. What age are you?

7. Do you think outdoor cooking is more social?
Yes, part of the cooking area.

Tags
cooking