Oven Thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mozart

Senior Cook
I purchased an oven thermometer from ThermoWorks on Monday and it arrived in the mail already today. I also purchased an extra probe. This is kind with the 3 foot wire and the timer sits outside the oven while the probe is in the meat.

My oven seems possessed:blink:. Sometimes too hot and sometimes too slow. Of course, I have checked it, but they (yes, I said possessed) just act right when they know I'm doing that:mad:. (Actually, I'm sure it is the cheap meat I'm buying more likely).

Anyway, has anyone had good luck with keeping these things (oven thermometers) alive for more than a few months? I keep hearing horror stories about them and with the extra probe I just sank $32 buck into it so I expect to get some good production.

My kids finally killed mine, but I had a pyrex with a probe. I just made sure to check mine every other month or so in boiling water to see how close to 212 it was. It was always within 5 deg.... until it was used as a magnet.

I have two. One is several years old (6-8) and the other is newer. I destroyed another one probe on a super hot grill, my mistake, but the other two are working well.

Bought one the other day as well... Sunbeam, $13 bucks from Walmart. Have yet to use it, but there's half a brisket Vac-packed in the freezer with it's name on it. Speaking of which, I might just transfer that brisket to the fridge to thaw for a day or so to get ready to be cooked.

The only real problem with the Sunbeam one... No OFF switch.

Back
Top Bottom