OXO anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chelli

Assistant Cook
Hey guys, im trying to learn more about the success of OXO for school. Any owners of OXO products have good things to say? Why you like it soo much... and would you keep buying OXO without ever questioning their quality or style?

I love OXO products. I do not think I have every used one that I did not like. I find they make a solid well thought out product that works the way you expect it to. Compared to most other brands I find OXO is usually more comfortable to use and just works better. I would never just blindly buy anything though. If their style or quality was not up to my expectations then I would look for an alternative.

I like their tongs, and their ricer. I have a couple of spreaders that get rust spots in the DW. The vegetable peeler with replaceable blades is also very good.

You know, OXO to me is a soup base. I've never seen anything else with that brand name. Like 'em a lot though! ;)

Hey guys, im trying to learn more about the success of OXO for school. Any owners of OXO products have good things to say? Why you like it soo much... and would you keep buying OXO without ever questioning their quality or style?
i have LOTS of OXO products and love them all. i buy OXO all the time but never the same thing twice ............... because nothing has broken or worn out in all these years.

So far, everybody likes oxo for the quality im guessing? Any thoughts on the actual design? More on the aesthetics... is there something that appeals to everyone in their design?

My comments were mostly about design actually. No so much aesthetics, but more function of the design. Their products are very well thought out.

My comments were mostly about design actually. No so much aesthetics, but more function of the design. Their products are very well thought out.

Yeah, no question abt their functional form.... truely is ergonomic design at a high level, but does its looks appeal to you at all? or is that a secondary issue?

It is a secondary issue which I do not find important at all. I would use a tool that is hideously ugly as long as it performed well. I do happen to think that most OXO products looks great though so that is just a plus.

So far, everybody likes oxo for the quality im guessing? Any thoughts on the actual design? More on the aesthetics... is there something that appeals to everyone in their design?

For someone who has arthritis, they generally have large, soft grips or handles - an ergonomic design to make using their product easier than most of the others.

OXO user

I looked in my kitchen tools drawers and discovered that I had seven OXO kitchen tools. I don't buy kitchen tools by brand but by their feel. I really like the feel of OXO kitchen tools.:chef:

I love the OXO Good Grips line. I'm cooking today and have already used the rubber spatula and will be using the vegetable peeler and potato masher later in the day. I find they are designed well as kitchen tools go and, with having Rheumatoid Arthritis, I find the ergonomic handles and the light weight key. I specifically buy them because of this. I also like the way they look.

I have a few OXO tools, and I love them all. I find myself gravitating to the OXO brand whenever I need to replace or upgrade a kitchen tool. In fact, we bought a new can opener just last week (old one broke mid-recipe! Mid-COOKIE-recipe! Ugh!) and we chose an OXO. It rocks. Super easy to use, works great. I think OXO tools are generally aesthetically pleasing, but their quality and the ease and comfort with which they work are more important to me. They're like macs - they just do what they're supposed to do, and do it well.

I have a few OXO tools, and I love them all. I find myself gravitating to the OXO brand whenever I need to replace or upgrade a kitchen tool. In fact, we bought a new can opener just last week (old one broke mid-recipe! Mid-COOKIE-recipe! Ugh!) and we chose an OXO. It rocks. Super easy to use, works great. I think OXO tools are generally aesthetically pleasing, but their quality and the ease and comfort with which they work are more important to me. They're like macs - they just do what they're supposed to do, and do it well.
i have the regular oxo can crank can opener and love it!! i have a different brand side opener because i didn't see an oxo one.

You know, OXO to me is a soup base. I've never seen anything else with that brand name. Like 'em a lot though! ;)
I'm with Alix. To us OXO is soup base/bouillon cubes/powder. But I do have an OXO ergonomic peeler, knife and did have their can opener. They work well for my arthritis.

Hugs and Kisses??
Funny story Wyogal...I drew my Nephew-in-law's name at Christmas a few year's ago and asked my SIL what he would like. She said an O X O can opener. Having never seen their tools before I had know idea what she was talking about. DH said "he must want a lovely looking one"! It wasn't until we went to a specialty store that we found OXO products that weren't food. I bought it and to this day it is his "lovely can opener".

I'm with Alix. To us OXO is soup base/bouillon cubes/powder. But I do have an OXO ergonomic peeler, knife and did have their can opener. They work well for my arthritis.

Funny story Wyogal...I drew my Nephew-in-law's name at Christmas a few year's ago and asked my SIL what he would like. She said an O X O can opener. Having never seen their tools before I had know idea what she was talking about. DH said "he must want a lovely looking one"! It wasn't until we went to a specialty store that we found OXO products that weren't food. I bought it and to this day it is his "lovely can opener".
:LOL::LOL:

I have a problem with every manual can opener I buy. They just don't finish the job they are supposed to do, like completely taking off the lid. I have bought cheap ones and expensive ones. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me. Go ahead you can tell me. I'll have to find one by OXO but I haven't seen any in Canada. Might have to be an internet purchase.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom