Oxo Products.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Have any of you seen or tried any of the products from Oxo?

I have, and I can say that they are very good! I own a mandoline slicer, a rolling pin, meat thermometer, vegetable peeler, safety can opener, jar opener, measuring spoon set and a measuring cup set.

All of this stuff works very good!:chef:

~Corey123.

I love Oxo. They make great stuff. I just bought a new wide veggie peeler by Oxo that I love. They have won design awards for their products.

Yes.

I especially like their fat rubberized sure-grip black handles.

Some people complained that the blade on the mandoline was dull, which it does feel that way. Not so if you cut yourself on this blade which is what happened to me during the summer!

I wrote a bunch of reviews on their stuff at Epinions.com.

`Corey123.

I have several of the Oxo hand products. I tried on of the mandolines, but didn't like it as much as one I'd had before.

This is the 2nd one for me after buying a cheapie one made by Farberware. I still have it. It works good, but the blades are not ajustable like the one on the Oxo.

Also, the Oxo is a bit on the expensive side and it comes in a cute little display box that I just couldn't throw away!

But if I'm in a rush and don't have the time to mess with the mandoline, I then cheat by using the slicing disk in my powerful Cuisinart DLC-7Pro. It whips right through that stuff and gets the job done in record time!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Heh, heh, heh (Corey giggles).

Meeting of the minds?

I forgot to tell you guys that I also got a salad spinner by Oxo. This comes in two sizes - regular & small.
I didn't see any point in getting the small one, so I just immediately bought the regular size. And it works great!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I love OXO and buy their products exclusively. The rubber grip for kitchen tools, and the SteeL line for serveware. Love the stuff...so comfortable and high quality.

I have a couple items from them. They are bit more expensive, but worth it for the price.

Some of the things I received were Oxo spatulas for high temp (up to 600) and also my citrus reamer. I love them all.

I have an OXO silicon spatula and I'm not very fond of it. It has no slots in it so it's sometimes hard to get under fragile things such as eggs or pancakes. I used it today to stir fry up some pierogies and onions and it was fine. Otherwise I need to get a new spatula.

Maybe one of those long thin stainless steel slotted triangular-shaped spatulas would work for fried eggs, pancakes, fish and such.

I've seen Emeril use one often, and they look very useful. You can get one from either Chefs Catalog or Williams Sonoma.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I keep an open mind when shopping for new items, but I usually wind up with Oxo - they seem to have the best r & d behind them. Also, I've never had an Oxo product that didn't work properly or wore out prematurely.

count me in as a fan of oxo. i have the peeler, salad spinner, the mv-55 pro series knife set with an extra mini chef's knife, the kitchen shears, and i just got the mandoline for christmas. i'm sure that i'm forgetting more.

the mv-55 pro knife set doesn't stay particularly sharp, so you have to steel it regularly, but i love the grip and balance, and that's 90% of the battle when it comes to knives.

the salad spinner is the best i've ever seen, imo. i use it extensively with my garden lettuces every spring.

the kitchen shears are sharp, strong, and versatile. i even used them to cut christmas wrapping paper this year, after using them on a chicken (and cleaning them), and then a boot, and a tin can, and look, they still cut a tomato paper thin. lol, sorry, got lost in a commercial there for a second. but i did do the chicken/wrapping paper thing. :)

i can't wait to try out the mandoline.

Let us know how the mandoline is for opening wrapping paper. Actually that might be better suited for opening mail. The right tool for the right job after all :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom